Why is it so hard for people not to scam?

NoahTheWeebWolf

I am not talking about anything that's happened to me recently. I quit rs entirely last month. It's just something I have always wondered whenever I got scammed in the past or saw others get scammed.

I mean is it so hard to keep track of your financial obligations? Just last night I accidentally cost my mom $200 on my oversized luggage and In turn I quickly paid her back in full with money I made selling my text books. Was I sad I couldn't buy fallout 4 among other things? Sure but I still did the right thing.

It's like when someone gets hacked and their account gets used to scam with is it that hard to be responsible? Or when you run a service and your workers scams why shouldn't you be responsible when your workers scam? You may not have wanted them to scam but you could have prevented it by being more diligent. I am speaking from experience when I had two scammers employed one even had the nerve to scam on Christmas last year and I still came through for the victims.

Or when you buy gold and charge back? What makes you entitled to their rightfully earned money? I bought 100m from @jackshow 5 months ago for $175 and never even dared to chargeback even as prices fell. He doesn't even have my ID or anything and I still took the transaction seriously and in one month there's no way to chargeback(that and I deleted my paypal last month).

It's just something that always bugged me. Sure OSBot and other communities are online forums at the end of the day but honesty/ethics don't just go away when anonymity is comes out to play. It may make it easier to be dishonest because who in your life will know but it's still a dick move and can probably be discovered over time(especially true in my case with my career path). 

What is everyone else's thoughts on the matter? 

PS

As I mentioned I quit the market/runescape, skype is extremely top secret so if you get a skype message asking you to add them for services... BLOCK and IGNORE that is definitely not me! Although I have never had an impostor which I find kind of insulting but I am also happy no one got hurt either.

/Rant over

• Like 8

I feel yah. I can never scam anyone. I'd feel utterly bad for it. Some people are rude af to me and shit but I'm still being the mature one in the situation.. All the people who scam, karma will get your ass . The ones who do scam most likely aren't going to have a successful life. Enough said..

• Like 1

I just honestly couldn't live with myself if I did it, and would probably return whatever I stole. The incentive is there but the consequences aren't worth it, even if that is you just feeling bad for what you did.

But, there are always people out there desperate for money. Money is a dangerous thing. 

Edited by Dora

• Administrator

I used to scam, I don't know what changed me, just growing up I guess. Working for my money and understanding that they did the same. It is hard to see someone lose their hard earned money and seeing the dispute section get a new topic. I wish people could grow up, I've seen many friends scam over the past year and its embarrassing that they thought they had to scam for a few dollars.

• Like 1