Would you scam quit for a large sum of $$$$?

Aiban

I used to scam, and it was always because I thought I was going to get rich, in reality it always bites you in the ass. It never profits as much as you thought, and then you can never stay around because you are always getting banned. In the end being legit is the best thing I've ever done. I've exploded with so many  more opportunities. I also work for my money in real life and paying bills, I know how frustrating it is to even waste $5.00, so I can just imagine all the ones that have been scammed by me felt. I feel like a piece of crap when I see people getting scammed and know I used to do that and cause so much emotional pain/frustration to people. I despise scammers and I can't really ever believe I did something so low.

Thanks for sharing man i hope revealing this doesnt hurt you lol

yes

Thanks for the honest answer bro 

Would like more of these honest replies

For somebody like me, who has been a mass gold farmer for over 5 years, I have seen everything and done almost everything. As @Maldesto past, mind is kind of similar but different. I started as a mass gold farmer, then made some successful companies, and thought the rules no longer applied to me. I got into issues with addictions, and I scammed a few users (this happened many years ago and I paid them back once I wasn't going through withdrawal) to keep gambling, as I became a gambling addict.  At that point I had sold hundreds of billions of gold (before EOC), and I did not scam the users for much money as I was desperate (and pathetic) because I had maxed out my spending limits for that day ($20,000 CAD) and Idk from one of the users the largest amount scammed was probably like $50... IDK what I was thinking that $50 would make me the $20,000 I just lost lmao, but an addict doesn't always do rational things. To me, it was never how much I took, as it was a very small amount consider how much I was trusted with (done countless of trades worth thousands of dollars)... But, it was me betraying the trust of these users (less than 5 users), I broke my own moral code which I lived by and it ate me up on the inside. I felt disgusted with myself of what I did in a moment of weakness, betrayed everything I worked so hard to prove.  Well, as I stated above I thought the rules didn't apply to me, and I found out the hard way they did. Years have past, and I don't remember the time(s) when I sold thousands of dollars worth of gold, the most vivid memories I have are the few shameful moments of where I scammed those users, out of all the thousands of good memories.  I have not scammed since then, and years have gone by... From just scamming these few users for a total of under $200 during a very small time period of my 5 years of business, cost me countless of tens of thousands of dollars, but more importantly I have guilt, and no matter how much money you make... That does not make up for that.  Most people are no longer around during when this happened, but even if the community (others) have forgiven me, it is still in the back of my mind eating at me, and I have to live with that. So, you could offering me a hundred thousand USD, and I would not scam quit, because a) I do not need the money and more importantly cool.png I could not live with myself knowing what I know what I did.

Side Note: My message above may of been about my thoughts on scam quitting, but my feelings of guilt and disgust are also towards other mistakes just not scamming in my past. I do apology for the people that I have offended/hurt within this community.

Edited by SupremeLeader
  • Like 5

For somebody like me, who has been a mass gold farmer for over 5 years, I have seen everything and done almost everything. As @Maldesto past, mind is kind of similar but different. I started as a mass gold farmer, then made some successful companies, and thought the rules no longer applied to me. I got into issues with addictions, and I scammed a few users (this happened many years ago and I paid them back once I wasn't going through withdrawal) to keep gambling, as I became a gambling addict.  At that point I had sold hundreds of billions of gold (before EOC), and I did not scam the users for much money as I was desperate (and pathetic) because I had maxed out my spending limits for that day ($20,000 CAD) and Idk from one of the users the largest amount scammed was probably like $50... IDK what I was thinking that $50 would make me the $20,000 I just lost lmao, but an addict doesn't always do rational things. To me, it was never how much I took, as it was a very small amount consider how much I was trusted with (done countless of trades worth thousands of dollars)... But, it was me betraying the trust of these users (less than 5 users), I broke my own moral code which I lived by and it ate me up on the inside. I felt disgusted with myself of what I did in a moment of weakness, betrayed everything I worked so hard to prove.  Well, as I stated above I thought the rules didn't apply to me, and I found out the hard way they did. Years have past, and I don't remember the time(s) when I sold thousands of dollars worth of gold, the most vivid memories I have are the few shameful moments of where I scammed those users, out of all the thousands of good memories.  I have not scammed since then, and years have gone by... From just scamming these few users for a total of under $200 during a very small time period of my 5 years of business, cost me countless of tens of thousands of dollars, but more importantly I have guilt, and no matter how much money you make... That does not make up for that.  Most people are no longer around during when this happened, but even if the community (others) have forgiven me, it is still in the back of my mind eating at me, and I have to live with that. So, you could offering me a hundred thousand USD, and I would not scam quit, because a) I do not need the money and more importantly cool.png I could not live with myself knowing what I know what I did.

Side Note: My message above may of been about my thoughts on scam quitting, but my feelings of guilt and disgust are also towards other mistakes just not scamming in my past. I do apology for the people that I have offended/hurt within this community.

Thank you for sharing and hope you are recovering well from that addiction

Its good to see a post from someone placed in TWC

Thank you for sharing and hope you are recovering well from that addiction

Its good to see a post from someone placed in TWC

Thanks, it is never easy. On the note of the TWC... It is not for scamming as these events I spoke of happened well over 2 years ago and were settled over 2 years ago. It is more of a remember that/warning that I am a raging douche at times (yes sometimes from addictions) I was recently let back into OSBot after being banned for many, many months I am excited that @Maldesto after speaking with me did see my attitude is better, my overall health is now better and I am a lot raging less (I am no longer gambling) so its my friendly reminder of I gotta stay a straight arrow :) to make sure I do not relapse.

Edited by SupremeLeader

I used to scam, and it was always because I thought I was going to get rich, in reality it always bites you in the ass. It never profits as much as you thought, and then you can never stay around because you are always getting banned. In the end being legit is the best thing I've ever done. I've exploded with so many  more opportunities. I also work for my money in real life and paying bills, I know how frustrating it is to even waste $5.00, so I can just imagine all the ones that have been scammed by me felt. I feel like a piece of crap when I see people getting scammed and know I used to do that and cause so much emotional pain/frustration to people. I despise scammers and I can't really ever believe I did something so low.

So it is true you scammed that one guy like 2 years ago on p****bot lol. I don't hold it against you though

Well this explains why you are so hardcore. And while you were wrong, maybe you shouldn't feel so badly about yourself. You were probably trying to get rich to satisfy some feeling of insignificance, using money to fill that void. If that is true that's really sad and I understand, but at least you were one of the few who has the self consciousness to change and become a better person, so feel proud of yourself for that, rather than bad about your actions, because IMO you have indirectly compensated your victims with administrating the forums in such an efficient manner.

• Administrator

So it is true you scammed that one guy like 2 years ago on p****bot lol. I don't hold it against you though

I didn't scam anyone on p****bot, ever. The scam report was from 09? I think or 2010, and I was at work, the guy i shared rs accounts with scammed while I was at work. I used the same password, I took all responsibility, and tried to pay back.

It'd have to be an amount that was life changing for me and my family. Otherwise it's honestly not worth it. You might make a quick 100$ but you'd lose potentially thousands in future customers. 

Everyone saying no Is lying to themselves, everyone has a breaking point, some peoples are just  lower then others.