You gotta be joking.

Cinnamon

Those who know the true value of time in runescape

+

Those who know the value of time invested in writing scripts

Most of you don't realize these values, and I can't blame you for that, mainly because you were spoiled by the previous market and the majority of you guys don' script.

There's no cheaper (long-term) alternative to leave OSBot for. 

Well, there aren't many of those who know that what you said. And because there aren't many of those, osbot will die. 

Well, there aren't many of those who know that what you said. And because there aren't many of those, osbot will die. 

You won't see a market like the OSBot 1 anywhere for as long as it lasted here.

OSBot will not die, leechers and cheapskates will leave, too bad, but not really.

Edited by Botrepreneur
  • Like 1

What's so fundamentally wrong with monthly payments?

Nothing,

It's just the client who is full of bugs,

50% of script time on a script is to fix bugs or write own methods around osbot API ...

Thats whats bothers me!

My script would be 50% of the code if the API would function how it should be :s

Laz wants us the scripters to fix hes bugs, hes the Dev, he needs to fix them.

If hes doesn't have enough time, or just too lazy to fix them then he should hire an API team likes suggested.

As far as I could read he rejected the offer.

Which means 80% of the scripters will make no new scripts and probs won't even update there old scripts.

Bugs are counting up at this point, more bugs are coming then there are solved,

If we only could have some decent contact now and then by Laz that would already improve it soo much.

Look at the bug tracker, there so many bugs. If I open the tracker i'm forced to close it right away to not get depressed :s

Some of them are in there for several weeks for now. Most of the bugs are very easy fixes and can be done within 30 minutes.

Still takes several weeks,

So my conclusion: 

is this caused by Lazines or just a lack of motivation or doesn't he have the knowledge to do it?

The issue probably is that he wants to keep making the same money without doing anything, which is almost impossible for the most people.

If someone else want to give hes opinion I'm glad to hear it!

Khaleesi

Edited by Khaleesi

If they remove monthly fees without providing an alternative that would allow for REGULAR payments for scripters, then I'm not staying.

Funny how y'all threaten to leave, to where? Oh you mean the even more expensive communities?

Don't mention TB or expect them to be different in the long term, same scenario will happen if they refuse to learn from OSBot's mistakes (they are making the same ones OSBot made at its genesis, but they won't be able to sustain their market model for a whole year like OSBot did, that's just not going to happen).

You have been spoiled by the previous market model.

If monthly fees would take out as good as you described here and in other threads, now why is osbot still dying?

There should be a combination of both. People are not going to pay monthly fee for scripts which are specific (ankou killer e.g.), but people will maybe buy for scripts which will be AIO.

Making all scripts more expensive doesn't solve the problem. This has been proven in the past few weeks when osbot 2 came out.

If monthly fees would take out as good as you described here and in other threads, now why is osbot still dying?

There should be a combination of both. People are not going to pay monthly fee for scripts which are specific (ankou killer e.g.), but people will maybe buy for scripts which will be AIO.

Making all scripts more expensive doesn't solve the problem. This has been proven in the past few weeks when osbot 2 came out.

I actually advised against monthly payments in the scripter's section for a long time because I knew most people wouldn't like them.

The problem is that you are disliking them for the wrong reasons, and I have tried my best at convincing the consumers. But consumers got used to a market that didn't value providers.

Product too expensive -> reduction of demand

Not enough return from product -> reduction of supply / reduction of quality

I for one will not be wasting hundreds of hours on customer support / extensive testing / feature additions / immediate patches and many more if there's no money to justify such things.

I don't mean to sound cocky, but I value my time and don't feel like giving it away to people who refuse to see the value of it.

• Like 1