Monthly Scripts

Monumental

1 hour ago, H3nry said:

I mean surely that would be up to the script author?

But then what happens if they stop working on it one day or Jagex does something to totally break the script.

That’s how lifetime subscriptions work, a lifetime subscription is not your lifetime. It is the lifetime of the product. If that’s due to being patched or simply stop working on it for whatever reason. That’s the catch that people don’t understand. The author/dev can declare end of life of the product at any time and it’s all fair. It’s a “double edged sword”. 

3 hours ago, Monumental said:

Would it be possible to just pay 1 big lumpsum for a script instead of having to pay monthly for it. Ex instead of paying $10 a month can I just pay $200 and never have to pay monthly again? 

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

This is a good idea, but the sales system behind the scenes hasn't been touched in a few years and it doesn't seem like they have any interest on changing things. I'm not in the staff discord so I could be mistaken. Muffins was formerly staff and he said no, so I don't think any plans are in the works at the moment.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Monumental said:

I was just wondering because I was looking for a script that was on here for a monthly plan and looked elsewhere and saw that other places do a model like this for their scripts.

When scripters release scripts they choose their price, but the system isn’t designed for anything except one fixed price or a monthly rate. Those are the only two options and you can’t choose them both.