Scripting bug?

Mojo

Im trying to interact with an object. Sometimes its available as a ground object but other times it appears as just an object. It can be interacted with normally but the bot client doesnt pick it up. Not sure if this is a client bug, but logging out and logging back in would fix it. I'd rather not have to do this everytime but if there is a way for me to access this object, I'd take suggestions.

Ive already tried to get closest objects near me and that doesnt return that item. When I try to 'interact' with it, it just moves the mouse over but does click the object.

13 hours ago, ezpz1234 said:

Im trying to interact with an object. Sometimes its available as a ground object but other times it appears as just an object. It can be interacted with normally but the bot client doesnt pick it up. Not sure if this is a client bug, but logging out and logging back in would fix it. I'd rather not have to do this everytime but if there is a way for me to access this object, I'd take suggestions.

Ive already tried to get closest objects near me and that doesnt return that item. When I try to 'interact' with it, it just moves the mouse over but does click the object.

Post some code please :)
if it hovers it you might have entered the wrong action

For objects, widgets, inventory (anything related to actions) if it hovers but doesn't interact, it is most likely an action string problem, try interact() without any arguments and it will (by default) select the first option that the entity has. There is a possibility that the object has a coloured name, e.g. <col=44f4fd>Attack</col>, it is best to print out the options by doing object.closest(..).getActions()[] and seeing for yourself ^^ :D

21 hours ago, Chris said:

LE

Helpful. thanks.

8 hours ago, BravoTaco said:

What object is it? Also if your able to get the mouse to move over it than you can create a custom interaction for it until it gets fixed. IE force mouse to click after hovering. Or right click and than move the mouse to the needed action.

Its a ground object mostly (80% of the time). But need to logout and log back in to fix it. 

8 hours ago, Khaleesi said:

Post some code please :)
if it hovers it you might have entered the wrong action

This isnt the case as re-logging fixes it. It does the correct action when the ground object is detected. Reason why I know its not being detected is when I enabled the ground objects from the config in the client.

5 hours ago, Czar said:

For objects, widgets, inventory (anything related to actions) if it hovers but doesn't interact, it is most likely an action string problem, try interact() without any arguments and it will (by default) select the first option that the entity has. There is a possibility that the object has a coloured name, e.g. <col=44f4fd>Attack</col>, it is best to print out the options by doing object.closest(..).getActions()[] and seeing for yourself ^^ :D

Again. It is interacting properly but only when it detects it as a ground object. Seems some instances of logging in doesnt properly show up but i can still interact with it manually, just the client cant translate it to an object.

To update where it stands now. It was hovering before when I was messing with code, changing from Entity, RS2Object, and GroundObject. It no longer hovers as it is set to GroundObject but still only sometimes can not register the item actually being there...

What item is it?

How is the item being spawned into the game world? IE. NPC drop? Timer?

Is it always in the same spot when you are trying to interact with it?

When you say logging in/out fixes it sometimes, are you completely exiting the client for it to be fixed or are you just logging in/out?

Mirror mode or Stealth?

Are you able to interact with other ground items when you can't interact with this one?

Edited by BravoTaco