RoomScape

OSBot giveaway.   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make this happen?

2. 2. Would you participate?

3. 3. What type should it be?

4. 4. Does D Bolter suck?

1 hour ago, RoomScape said:

I wouldn’t be funding it so it’s whatever everyone decides to give. 

Yea so you will collect people's offerings till it reaches 200m, the more they put in, more chance they have to win. (more tickets) then go on random.org and roll 1 - 200 10 times and give out 20m each to respective winners.

I wouldn’t be funding it so it’s whatever everyone decides to give. 

I don't understand why you're making such a suggestion when you're not wanting to put into the fund yourself?

Personally I think it could be really fun for some people, however in order to properly conduct it I would recommend having only the mods holding prize funds, which would require their willingness to put in the extra effort.

7 minutes ago, fashioncows said:

Yea so you will collect people's offerings till it reaches 200m, the more they put in, more chance they have to win. (more tickets) then go on random.org and roll 1 - 200 10 times and give out 20m each to respective winners.

Just reread it. Could work that way I guess but what if people don’t have 10m to put in?

3 minutes ago, Jackthedon said:

I don't understand why you're making such a suggestion when you're not wanting to put into the fund yourself?

Personally I think it could be really fun for some people, however in order to properly conduct it I would recommend having only the mods holding prize funds, which would require their willingness to put in the extra effort.

Then don’t participate and have the mods make a thread man. I’m not doing this trying to steal money. I am probably not entering because if I do and end up winning anything people will say it’s rigged. 

Edited by RoomScape
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, fashioncows said:

i like your idea but dont think that a giveaway its betting, the more gp you put the higher chance you have to win

• Like 1

I’m not keeping anything for hosting but I may enter. 

2 hours ago, dragonite3000 said:

8 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Then don’t participate and have the mods make a thread man. I’m not doing this trying to steal money. I am probably not entering because if I do and end up winning anything people will say it’s rigged. 

A giveaway typically has host(s) that provide the funds and then others enter for free. Having people enter by giving money turns it from a giveaway into a raffle/lucky dip type situation.

Even if you didn't have people pay their way in....

Imagine I make a post asking for people to do a bond giveaway. I wont contribute any of the bonds but I might enter. :think:

4 minutes ago, Jackthedon said:

A giveaway typically has host(s) that provide the funds and then others enter for free. Having people enter by giving money turns it from a giveaway into a raffle/lucky dip type situation.

Imagine I make a post asking for people to do a bond giveaway. I wont contribute any of the bonds but I might enter. :think:

hes suggesting more of a lottery.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 1anter said:

i like your idea but dont think that a giveaway its betting, the more gp you put the higher chance you have to win

That’s what I don’t like about it. Everyone should have a fair chance but then again some people will donate more than others so I don’t know. 

I think it should be more than just guessing a number. Should be a contes or something. Make people actually participate!!

37 minutes ago, Jackthedon said:

It depends on the rules whether or not I enter. If it’s obvious rules where it’s not just a rng and people accusing me of cheating then I’ll enter. If it’s just rng or something like that then I won’t. Also depends on amount required and other stuff. 

I’m not trying to do this for gp. If I wanted gp I’d just go buy it. 

34 minutes ago, Hannibal_ said:

hes suggesting more of a lottery.

Yeah it should be fair across the board. Just don’t want it to be like that with only 3m because people want to give 50k to enter, though. 

1 minute ago, Darren said:

I firmly believe there's been enough giveaways lately to last a loooooooong while... it's nice to have the incentive but I hate the fact of people entering and winning, then getting banned for some form of scamming days/weeks later - it's happened on multiple occasions.

You’re blowing my cover dude. 

Nothing wrong with what I’m saying. In no way against the rules. 

Also, just because you’re on this site doesn’t mean you’re reading the rules so even if they do find your name there’s nothing wrong unless they link you to something else. 

But it I think jagex has better things to do that hunt down me doing a giveaway. 

But the majority of the people on this site are indeed breaking the rules, your giveaway itself is gambling, pretty sure that's against jagex rules since you're asking the people participating to fund the pot. Also getting the IPs of a lot of OSBot customers in one go, it'd be like them winning the jackpot. ;) If you did the giveaway with your own funds they probably wouldn't give two shits about it since you'd be trading 1 winner and you're not breaking any rules. 

Edited by LeBron