@Anyone with a phone.

RoomScape

1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

My girlfriend gets so annoyed when I do this lol, but I'll literally walk into an Apple store at the mall and ask the greeter (who is usually a supervisor / manager) what the benefits of Apple are over my current Samsung device. I should really record there reactions, as the only point they say is, "Apple is easier to understand for older folks" and "well to be honest with you, most of our staff own Samsung or the other android phone's i think". Friend of mine who worked at the Apple store confirmed this, saying most of the people at the store own Samsung other phones over apple :D) lolol

Tl:dr over 50% of the staff own Samsung even though they get a discount on Appl phones. 

p.s even though I personally don't see the value in the phones from a logical perspective other then social status (b.s), Appl stock is the most free money ever for you investors out there. Easy 7% return yearly (5% growth + ~2%/ yield).

Bro, the apple store employees are some of the most demented people I've ever met. You know it's sad when a new phone is out and I know more about the new iOS and iPhone than the actual employees. They were telling me 'I don't think' it works that way and 'I'm not sure' when I was telling them about features they were wrong about. They had to take me over to a got damn laptop to go to the site and look at the info before they said I was right...

But yeah, these guys are really lost sometimes.

4 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Bro, the apple store employees are some of the most demented people I've ever met. You know it's sad when a new phone is out and I know more about the new iOS and iPhone than the actual employees. They were telling me 'I don't think' it works that way and 'I'm not sure' when I was telling them about features they were wrong about. They had to take me over to a got damn laptop to go to the site and look at the info before they said I was right...

But yeah, these guys are really lost sometimes.

Worked in retail once, during the little introduction/education part before I started working they literally told us "You don't have to know anything about these phones more than their names, what you need to know is how to find out the answer to their questions". So basically, know how to Google (or use their internal FAQ database or whatever it's called). Idk what it's like in your country but in mine most people who work in stores are good at selling shit, no matter what it is usually. 

You could drag in a nerd who knows everything about the phone and he'd be like a walking wikipedia but I guarantee you he wouldn't sell as well as a guy who knows how to sell shit but doesn't necessarily know everything about the phone. 

5 hours ago, Anomaly said:

My girlfriend gets so annoyed when I do this lol, but I'll literally walk into an Apple store at the mall and ask the greeter (who is usually a supervisor / manager) what the benefits of Apple are over my current Samsung device. I should really record there reactions, as the only point they say is, "Apple is easier to understand for older folks" and "well to be honest with you, most of our staff own Samsung or the other android phone's i think". Friend of mine who worked at the Apple store confirmed this, saying most of the people at the store own Samsung other phones over apple :D) lolol

Tl:dr over 50% of the staff own Samsung even though they get a discount on Appl phones. 

p.s even though I personally don't see the value in the phones from a logical perspective other then social status (b.s), Appl stock is the most free money ever for you investors out there. Easy 7% return yearly (5% growth + ~2%/ yield).

I think apple should take a note or highly "encourage" their employees to purchase apple phones instead of any other brand. Maybe provide better incentives too idk.

3 hours ago, LeBron said:

Worked in retail once, during the little introduction/education part before I started working they literally told us "You don't have to know anything about these phones more than their names, what you need to know is how to find out the answer to their questions". So basically, know how to Google (or use their internal FAQ database or whatever it's called). Idk what it's like in your country but in mine most people who work in stores are good at selling shit, no matter what it is usually. 

You could drag in a nerd who knows everything about the phone and he'd be like a walking wikipedia but I guarantee you he wouldn't sell as well as a guy who knows how to sell shit but doesn't necessarily know everything about the phone. 

I agree, similarly a used car's salesman isn't going to know everything about all the features of the variety of cars that he is selling but he will still know how to sell it to you.