Suggestion: Stop Multi-Threading in Services

Jackthedon

3 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I would suggest 1 thread for all services you provide instead of restricting bump post. Hence a cleaner forum.

If you can't handle too many requests in one thread due to different services made by everyone, you are not prepared to do services. Get good.

Agreed, my bump restriction is a secondary option if this one isn't viable for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I would suggest 1 thread for all services you provide instead of restricting bump post. Hence a cleaner forum.

If you can't handle too many requests in one thread due to different services made by everyone, you are not prepared to do services. Get good.

Exactly why you see me offering all my stuff in 1 thread. 

Not everyone is on our level :doge:

2 minutes ago, Unversable said:

Tired of seeing newer or less reputable services or sellers bumped into obscurity. These big sellers are active on like 5 or 6 sites. We need to let our own community members get more exposure. 

They can easily get as much exposure as a more known community member if we limit it to 1 thread instead of 10 offering the same thing.

It's nothing to do with being less reputable, it's more the fact of having 10 threads (as I showed above in a comment on the #1 page) where you use it as a shell to gain more revenue.

2 minutes ago, Dbuffed said:

They can easily get as much exposure as a more known community member if we limit it to 1 thread instead of 10 offering the same thing.

It's nothing to do with being less reputable, it's more the fact of having 10 threads (as I showed above in a comment on the #1 page) where you use it as a shell to gain more revenue.

fair enough

I made this same suggestion on this site or another a while back. It got denied and the argument was that they had one thread per service and if they wanted another, separate service that they can make another thread. 

Just to let you guys know.

btw wrong section 

https://osbot.org/forum/forum/148-forum-feedbacksuggestions/

Edited by RoomScape
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RoomScape said:

I made this same suggestion on this site or another a while back. It got denied and the argument was that they had one thread per service and if they wanted another, separate service that they can make another thread. 

btw wrong section 

That's my bad. I saw "Client Bugs and Suggestions" but must have scanned over that. If a mod is able to move it for me please feel free.

3 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

btw wrong section 

Damn.. Time to split my thread up into 15 different ones for maximum exposure ?

2 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

This is why I said we need mods in Market or specific market mods. 

Me and you.