Tell us about your noob days.

RoomScape

2 hours ago, RoomScape said:

Dirty begger. But seriously, how'd you manage to get a dbow out of that...?

Honestly, i'm not even sure. Lots of generous players back then trading rares.

Another "noob" thing I did was buying bolts in Seers bank. Just random enchanted bolts. Didn't know the whole system of gem tipped bolts. I just remember that getting the "lightning strike" bolts were my favorite (Opal Bolts (e)) just because I felt strong having a lightning bolt ability. I also think Sapphire bolts E had a water animation before. Was a second favorite

10 hours ago, RoomScape said:

Same thing here. I was told the guy would give me mem. He said it takes time since it's for free but he needs my user/pass and that I would have to get off for 30-60 minutes. Bro that was the happiest 30-60 minutes of my life at that point. I was randomly doing shit around my house and cleaning and stuff. Went back to log in and my password was changed.

And that was when I knew that I f'd up.

Dirty begger. But seriously, how'd you manage to get a dbow out of that...?

Right? It seemed like so much to us back then, though. xD

Same, I was all happy, thinking damn this dudes awesome. 

Few min later that turned into self hatred for being a dummy XDDD

8 hours ago, Theorems said:

I was only allowed to play for 2 hours a week as a 10 year old so I didn't spend what precious time I had watching guides or anything like that. To make money I would kill goblins for gp and pick up whatever items were dropped and sell them to the general store (This was before the g.e came out).

What a horrible way to make money. I feel bad for you. 

8 hours ago, Divergent07 said:

Honestly, i'm not even sure. Lots of generous players back then trading rares.

Another "noob" thing I did was buying bolts in Seers bank. Just random enchanted bolts. Didn't know the whole system of gem tipped bolts. I just remember that getting the "lightning strike" bolts were my favorite (Opal Bolts (e)) just because I felt strong having a lightning bolt ability. I also think Sapphire bolts E had a water animation before. Was a second favorite

Weren’t those expensive?

3 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

Same, I was all happy, thinking damn this dudes awesome. 

Few min later that turned into self hatred for being a dummy XDDD

Hah! At least we had a few minutes where we felt we ruled all of RS. 

• Like 1

In the old clan wars thing or w/e i thought i was joining a lure group, was supposed to be tricking people to bring there nice items in to kill me and take my claws and gear but we kill them. well it was reverse and they took all my shit. So me and someone i used to pk with started doing the exact same thing to people. felt like a dick, i only lured but the other kid would pretend to be friends with rich looking players talk to them on skype and then we'd trick em and take there shit. Was fun, felt bad cuz he said one kid cried on skype, but hey free ags and claws and awesome gear ( never made enough for a phat tho smh)

8 hours ago, dvsn said:

You to fish at karamja for weeks and sell the fish at the general store next to the port until I could buy black (g)

Yes! I did that also. Then I realized how much money I was wasting and I started running to Draynor to bank my fish.

22 minutes ago, daamurda said:

In the old clan wars thing or w/e i thought i was joining a lure group, was supposed to be tricking people to bring there nice items in to kill me and take my claws and gear but we kill them. well it was reverse and they took all my shit. So me and someone i used to pk with started doing the exact same thing to people. felt like a dick, i only lured but the other kid would pretend to be friends with rich looking players talk to them on skype and then we'd trick em and take there shit. Was fun, felt bad cuz he said one kid cried on skype, but hey free ags and claws and awesome gear ( never made enough for a phat tho smh)

I remember getting lured. Idiots were shit though and couldn't hit me for their life. I would've managed to kill them but there were like four so I just ran away. Sad that four guys couldn't kill me, though. I kind of figured I was getting lured but just ran with it so I was halfway prepared.

2 hours ago, RDM said:

I remember merching rune scimiars the old school way. Manually typing “Buying rune scims 23k each - username” and “selling rune scins 27k each - username” 

great times

Hah yeah I used to do that. I’d have to switch locations between buying and selling. Remember Varrock big bank used to be the spot?

2 hours ago, Slut said:

i used to kill hobgoblins for limpwurt root drops :boge:

I did that for a bit but it got old kind of quick. :(

i killed cows for the longest, though. 

2 hours ago, zwaffel said:

i used to fall for the most obvious scams circa 2005-2006

I fell for a few but never the same. People are pretty creative with scams, though.