Tell us about your noob days.

RoomScape

I fell for the go into ags with wildy and i'll give you 3 blessed spirit shields scam...

It wasn't my account, was account sharing with my cousin we were 12 and 16 at the time, i was just being used to skill on his account lmao now that i recall correctly. Cant believe i fell for the scam. Feel bad still to this day. Omaid if you ever come across im sorry i threw your legit 40M out the window :feels:

oh man.. back in the days i would actually look up to you and ask you for advice..

i would mine ore in the alkharid mine.. then run to the alkharid furnace to melt it into iron bars.. then run all the way to varrock to smith it at the anvil and then on my way back to the alkharid mine i would quickly bank everything at varrock east.

i was pretty proud of myself but you know.. i knew there was more out there.
So like a few days later of doing this i found out about fishing lobsters. man i remember bragging on school and setting up a actual business of classmates ordering 100 lobbies for 20k since they were all pkers.. this was when i made bank (500-600k)

i would like to continue but ye too much stuff man

2 hours ago, Rxd said:

I fell for the go into ags with wildy and i'll give you 3 blessed spirit shields scam...

It wasn't my account, was account sharing with my cousin we were 12 and 16 at the time, i was just being used to skill on his account lmao now that i recall correctly. Cant believe i fell for the scam. Feel bad still to this day. Omaid if you ever come across im sorry i threw your legit 40M out the window :feels:

Why would you even do that? lol. Doesn't even make sense. Why would you have to go into the wild for him to trade you something?

Get lured, loool!

1 hour ago, PantiesDown said:

Selling thousands of willow logs (unnoted) to the GE, inventory after inventory..

Dude...

1 hour ago, BackToRS said:

oh man.. back in the days i would actually look up to you and ask you for advice..

i would mine ore in the alkharid mine.. then run to the alkharid furnace to melt it into iron bars.. then run all the way to varrock to smith it at the anvil and then on my way back to the alkharid mine i would quickly bank everything at varrock east.

i was pretty proud of myself but you know.. i knew there was more out there.
So like a few days later of doing this i found out about fishing lobsters. man i remember bragging on school and setting up a actual business of classmates ordering 100 lobbies for 20k since they were all pkers.. this was when i made bank (500-600k)

i would like to continue but ye too much stuff man

Aye, cool kid in school off of RS. xD

I had probably just bought 2M at like 1.5$/m, just learned about botting. Bought some gear had maybe 800k, decided to bot with my 800K on me, watched the bot drop my monies. I stopped the bot and back in the day when you stopped the script it logged worlds.

Moral of the story; I didn't know how to realize what world I was in, I lost 800K. Some F2P was happy. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 4:19 PM, Only Nature said:

10 years ago roughly, I was Phishing at the pest control boat.

I would advertise a PC clan and ask people to visit fake forums, grab there login info, along with their I.P address.

I would then go on to ddos them untill logged, and take their bank.

Made billions.

Although back then it was a thrill to me to do that, it is not something I agree with now.

Harsh.

You should be Banned here. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 1:06 AM, taraz said:

You should be Banned here. 

Petition to get @Only Nature banned.

59 minutes ago, Supamen said:

My cousin and I started an account around 2004-05 and we'd cut Yew logs maybe 2 hours at a time (F2P). We were saving for a Black (g) set. We got the legs and then we decided to just have our own accounts.

Yeah, Black G was definitely the nicest looking set in F2P. The second is Zammy rune armor.

On 4/30/2018 at 9:05 PM, RoomScape said:

What about you guys? What's some of the shittiest things you did to make money starting out?

This was back in 'nam days, like 2003-2004. One day I was scammed, someone sold me a member's account for like 3K gp - which was my entire back and a TON of money. But it seemed like a great investment. TLDR, password he gave me was too long and didnt even fit the damn login screen. After I sent a complaint for my items back and the user to be banned, and alas inaction - I decided to scam myself. 

What I would do is carry around a lot of juicy loot, I'm talking big bucks like adamant scimitars and rune daggers. I'd bring people to Falador in that little village thing, to an upstairs apartment. There would be a dresser that you can open, like a drawer would pop out. I'd tell them that I found a glitch. You would open the drawer, blow a kiss (emote), type your password, then search the drawers. 

I'd act amazed and spam chat, then show them my rune dagger. They would also freak out, because mind you this is early 2000s - rune items were top tier. They would do it and say it didn't work. I'd say try logging out and then back in - badda bing badda boom. Just like that I would clear their mithril armor and flip it in an underground market of fences and thieves. Eventually I would be banned with a full set of Rune armor, which completely destroyed me as a human being for a few months.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Storm Fox said:

I used to be a lil slut back in the day. I changed my character to a girl character, did my makeup/hair & went off to talk to some guys. Flirted with them until they gave me gps

You're still a little slut. What do you mean 'used to be'?

1 hour ago, lizzzerd said:

i remember mining pure ess all weekend to afford a full black mystic set which was like 650k. I had the set for about 15 minutes before someone told me he would buy it for 1m, I then proceed to trade him my mystic set for 10004 coins. Devastated.

Yo rip. How did you confuse a white 1000k for a yellow 10,004? The fails.

1 hour ago, Alek said:

This was back in 'nam days, like 2003-2004. One day I was scammed, someone sold me a member's account for like 3K gp - which was my entire back and a TON of money. But it seemed like a great investment. TLDR, password he gave me was too long and didnt even fit the damn login screen. After I sent a complaint for my items back and the user to be banned, and alas inaction - I decided to scam myself. 

What I would do is carry around a lot of juicy loot, I'm talking big bucks like adamant scimitars and rune daggers. I'd bring people to Falador in that little village thing, to an upstairs apartment. There would be a dresser that you can open, like a drawer would pop out. I'd tell them that I found a glitch. You would open the drawer, blow a kiss (emote), type your password, then search the drawers. 

I'd act amazed and spam chat, then show them my rune dagger. They would also freak out, because mind you this is early 2000s - rune items were top tier. They would do it and say it didn't work. I'd say try logging out and then back in - badda bing badda boom. Just like that I would clear their mithril armor and flip it in an underground market of fences and thieves. Eventually I would be banned with a full set of Rune armor, which completely destroyed me as a human being for a few months.

Did all that to get banned. xD

But yeah, I remember the early days - not that early - when the little things were huge. Now, people lose dragon items and act like it's nothing.