Any real reason why the GP prices are dropping like this?

RoomScape

2 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Less bots, more real players. Also with more players = more alching, which pumps a lot of gold into the economy.

Shouldn't less bots and more legit people make gold worth more..? I'm aware of the high aching stuff but the less bots shouldn't equate to cheaper gold. It should make the opposite happen.

If I had to point it to one thing, I'd say bots. People have absolutely no idea about the real amount of bots running in this game. If someone was able to expose the real cheating that goes on in this game it would blow peoples mind. Everyone gets up in arms when they see some stupid picture on reddit with 100 f2p bots all in the same area, but that does not even scratch the surface of how bad it really is. 

Jagex cannot simply ban cheaters fast enough. Their bot detection is really not that good when it comes down to it. It may seem like it is to some people because they get banned often, but that's because they don't have a good understanding of how it works and that goes for most people, including myself sometimes. With that said, people are just simply able to produce bots so, so, so much faster than their ICU team is able to rid them. And then you have to add in the fact that a lot of cheating that goes on is also done without the use of bots, so that removes the ability for jagex's botwatch to assist. I'm sure that when they aren't going through the lists of accounts that are automatically flagged for botting and issuing the bans, they're probably manually investigating other areas of the game or making adjustments to their botwatch etc. The problem is, is that there are so many areas of this game that weath, acorn and whatever other few jmods that help out with oldschool cannot cover it themselves. Give them a team of 20 people that solely work on ridding osrs of bots and you'll see a real change, but that obviously isn't going to happen. 

Granted though, they don't need a team of 20 bot busters. They could accomplish everything without the need of adding more man power if they actually improved their tactics of how they currently catch cheaters and bots. For example, I used the same 3 mules for over an entire year for a specific method. They traded hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of accounts built solely to farm that method yet never once did the mules get banned. And that right there is the issue. It's like they never even once went ahead and investigated some of the accounts to see who they were trading. If it was done even once, they would have easily been able to see "Oh, this account has traded 500 other accounts, accounts which were all banned for macroing." Now take this and multiple it 100x across all areas of the game and you can see why bots outnumber players. 

I don't know if its because they can't or don't know how to or if its because they actually just are that retarded. Point is, they just can't ban accounts fast enough, and do a terrible, terrible job of investigating further and trying to cut things off from the source. Then again, I don't work for jagex and I don't have all the numbers so what do I know. 

• Like 1
  • Mald 1

33 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Less bots, more real players. Also with more players = more alching, which pumps a lot of gold into the economy.

I am holding onto my own alchs myself.

21 minutes ago, irwtonrs1 said:

If I had to point it to one thing, I'd say bots. People have absolutely no idea about the real amount of bots running in this game. If someone was able to expose the real cheating that goes on in this game it would blow peoples mind. Everyone gets up in arms when they see some stupid picture on reddit with 100 f2p bots all in the same area, but that does not even scratch the surface of how bad it really is. 

Jagex cannot simply ban cheaters fast enough. Their bot detection is really not that good when it comes down to it. It may seem like it is to some people because they get banned often, but that's because they don't have a good understanding of how it works and that goes for most people, including myself sometimes. With that said, people are just simply able to produce bots so, so, so much faster than their ICU team is able to rid them. And then you have to add in the fact that a lot of cheating that goes on is also done without the use of bots, so that removes the ability for jagex's botwatch to assist. I'm sure that when they aren't going through the lists of accounts that are automatically flagged for botting and issuing the bans, they're probably manually investigating other areas of the game or making adjustments to their botwatch etc. The problem is, is that there are so many areas of this game that weath, acorn and whatever other few jmods that help out with oldschool cannot cover it themselves. Give them a team of 20 people that solely work on ridding osrs of bots and you'll see a real change, but that obviously isn't going to happen. 

Granted though, they don't need a team of 20 bot busters. They could accomplish everything without the need of adding more man power if they actually improved their tactics of how they currently catch cheaters and bots. For example, I used the same 3 mules for over an entire year for a specific method. They traded hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of accounts built solely to farm that method yet never once did the mules get banned. And that right there is the issue. It's like they never even once went ahead and investigated some of the accounts to see who they were trading. If it was done even once, they would have easily been able to see "Oh, this account has traded 500 other accounts, accounts which were all banned for macroing." Now take this and multiple it 100x across all areas of the game and you can see why bots outnumber players. 

I don't know if its because they can't or don't know how to or if its because they actually just are that retarded. Point is, they just can't ban accounts fast enough, and do a terrible, terrible job of investigating further and trying to cut things off from the source. Then again, I don't work for jagex and I don't have all the numbers so what do I know. 

I have been RWT since I found p****bot back in 2009. I started the game in 2007. Since 2009, I have been RWT and have never had a ban over three accounts. I don't do stupid stuff like trading a needle and two runes for 100m. I just log into the game, take the money then log out. I hear a couple of people crying about being banned for RWT but I have never been banned. I know what you mean. Jagex just doesn't fully understand how intricate the black market is and how to combat it. That's probably their biggest issue.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Has a lot to do with competitive nature as well, undercutting causes a lot of overall decrease over time

That's just business. However, it's bad business to lose money. No matter how low the price goes trying to be competitive, they won't lose money trying to undercut someone unless something drastic has come along.

It has a lot to do with how the average buyer is looking at the RWT community.

They constantly hear about venezueleans and chinese people farming billions a day but they dont know anyone else who admits to buying gold even though half of their pvm clan does

and at that point they are asking themselves why they should pay close to 1$/M when the are one of the few people buying gp 

2 hours ago, TWC said:

70B hacked this week +less players

Theres lota of Gp being generated through money making/bot farms and due to the crash of players the Gp is going down.. 

the "few" people that play rs might have enough gold so they dont need to buy it from farmers and that makes the price going down ?