Odds staking is over

Chief

2 hours ago, undorak7 said:

same question, where there THAT many bots for jagex to worry about it ?

I suppose if someone is making bils from odds staking there probably not going to share too much though. 

Really think jagex missed the mark, but whatever. As long as they dont focus any of my farms xD

10 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

I suppose if someone is making bils from odds staking there probably not going to share too much though. 

Really think jagex missed the mark, but whatever. As long as they dont focus any of my farms xD

They are :( http://services.runescape.com/m=news/protecting-game-integrity?oldschool=1#_ga=2.84911775.724215840.1510789743-1180884407.1510789743

3 hours ago, Anomaly said:

were odds stakers really making that much anyways?

I've personally made ~2b from it, not a crazy/unheard of amount, but i also didn't bot it. The guy who taught me it though has made dozens of bills though, so yeah there are people who make crazy money. Thing is though you need to start with a lot of money to make money, cus even with odds staking there is luck involved. You need enough money to do enough duels where the odds play in your favor. If you go to the arena you'll see loads of people trying to odds stake, but only a handful of them are actually doing it right, so only certain people are making real money. Therefore, in a way i guess it is a problem that jagex is addressing since so many people try to do it. 

Edited by ForBobo

31 minutes ago, ForBobo said:

I've personally made ~2b from it, not a crazy/unheard of amount, but i also didn't bot it. The guy who taught me it though has made dozens of bills though, so yeah there are people who make crazy money. Thing is though you need to start with a lot of money to make money, cus even with odds staking there is luck involved. You need enough money to do enough duels where the odds play in your favor. If you go to the arena you'll see loads of people trying to odds stake, but only a handful of them are actually doing it right, so only certain people are making real money. Therefore, in a way i guess it is a problem that jagex is addressing since so many people try to do it. 

what are the odds though, with say, 1.10x. Because with flowering it was 60% chance host won. I could start with 50-100m and almost never get cleaned unless someone bet 50-100 when i was starting out the day lol

1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

what are the odds though, with say, 1.10x. Because with flowering it was 60% chance host won. I could start with 50-100m and almost never get cleaned unless someone bet 50-100 when i was starting out the day lol

so basically this is a screenshot from my odds calculator that i used. I've just input some random stats. I didn't make it btw, so nobody pm me asking for it please - i'm not allowed to sell it. 

ymVYr.png

Player A (left side) has a 43% chance of winning, while player B (right) has a 57% chance. As an odds staker, with something like this we wouldn't normally take the stake because we wanna stay around the 48-52% area (some people even go as high as 45-55 which is risky), but for the sake of explaining lets say we did take the stake (we are player A). This calculator also assumes we want to have 54% odds (the red 54 on the left side indicates 54 odds). The 1.33x multiplier on the right is just the # to do to get 50/50 odds in the long run. 

Player B wants to stake 5m. As an odds staker, Player A wants to divide the amount player B is staking by 1.55 and this gives him 54% odds, which comes out to a 3.2m stake roughly. So it's my 3.2m vs his 5m. Flowers were def much better for the hosts back in the day though with 60x2 and stuff like that. 

The example i used isn't ideal, as 3.2 vs 5 is a significant difference and some people won't bother with that, i cbf doing the ideal stats to vs against atm but generally the mindset a good odds staker wants is they want their opponent to think they have much higher odds than they actually do. The opponents you really wanna fight are people with like 85 strength 60 attack 45 defence, stuff like that, because they don't know any better and they think that their 85 strength is godly compared to your 70, so in their mind it outweighs the 45 defence (it doesn't). Like in the case of the screeny above if we took this stake, we'd want the opponent to think he has like a 65% chance of winning. You may think like "who would take these stakes when people are offering much less??" but you have to remember the nature of the duel arena. People are in their darkest moments here lol, believe me when i say people are fucking desperate and they'll take any stake they can get at a certain point. If they only have 50m left down from 500m and nobodys doing 50m stakes, but someone is gonna offer them 40m, they'll take it. 

Edited by ForBobo

29 minutes ago, ForBobo said:

so basically this is a screenshot from my odds calculator that i used. I've just input some random stats. I didn't make it btw, so nobody pm me asking for it please - i'm not allowed to sell it. 

ymVYr.png

Player A (left side) has a 43% chance of winning, while player B (right) has a 57% chance. As an odds staker, with something like this we wouldn't normally take the stake because we wanna stay around the 48-52% area (some people even go as high as 45-55 which is risky), but for the sake of explaining lets say we did take the stake (we are player A). This calculator also assumes we want to have 54% odds (the red 54 on the left side indicates 54 odds). The 1.33x multiplier on the right is just the # to do to get 50/50 odds in the long run. 

Player B wants to stake 5m. As an odds staker, Player A wants to divide the amount player B is staking by 1.55 and this gives him 54% odds, which comes out to a 3.2m stake roughly. So it's my 3.2m vs his 5m. Flowers were def much better for the hosts back in the day though with 60x2 and stuff like that. 

The example i used isn't ideal, as 3.2 vs 5 is a significant difference and some people won't bother with that, i cbf doing the ideal stats to vs against atm but generally the mindset a good odds staker wants is they want their opponent to think they have much higher odds than they actually do. The opponents you really wanna fight are people with like 85 strength 60 attack 45 defence, stuff like that, because they don't know any better and they think that their 85 strength is godly compared to your 70, so in their mind it outweighs the 45 defence (it doesn't). Like in the case of the screeny above if we took this stake, we'd want the opponent to think he has like a 65% chance of winning. You may think like "who would take these stakes when people are offering much less??" but you have to remember the nature of the duel arena. People are in their darkest moments here lol, believe me when i say people are fucking desperate and they'll take any stake they can get at a certain point. If they only have 50m left down from 500m and nobodys doing 50m stakes, but someone is gonna offer them 40m, they'll take it. 

That's actually very interesting. So most of the big stakes happen at max and they offer 1.10x i think. So what odds does the 1.1x give against a max player anyways?

It can't be much more then 53-55%

Edited by Anomaly