Does Osbot staff use their brain before ranking someone?

Butta

1 hour ago, Butta said:

@Jamez was banned offsite since 2014, do you even research before giving someone a rank?

uuqJRFG.png

For all the smart people out there: he got banned 3 years ago with the exact same skype name. Staff didn't even try to google "skype name +"runescape" " . disgusting.

Maybe you should've tried googling his skype name + runescape before trusting him.

9 hours ago, Dex said:

- When we promoted him to cba he did earn that rank and tbh it's not easy to find a competent cba so I'm not sure what you would've done.

-Cba has very little power on the forums, we trust them to manage the chatbox but it's not like they have any permissions in the market or anywhere else.

1st statement is just ridiculous af. I know you barely come in the Chatbox but if you ask anyone who does I could suggest you 5 competent CBA's that were more competent than Bamboozled and Scamez.

2nd statement is also on par with Bamboozled's coding ability. When I first joined the forums and joined the Chatbox I did not know what the difference was between CBA and mod. I thought @Aiban @Acerd @Muffins were mods. For newcomers and people who just frequent the forums, the CBA pip does look very much like the old mod colors. As well as they bellieve that any member of staff (they don't know that the cba is shit) is trusted.

5 hours ago, k9thebeast said:

1st statement is just ridiculous af. I know you barely come in the Chatbox but if you ask anyone who does I could suggest you 5 competent CBA's that were more competent than Bamboozled and Scamez.

2nd statement is also on par with Bamboozled's coding ability. When I first joined the forums and joined the Chatbox I did not know what the difference was between CBA and mod. I thought @Aiban @Acerd @Muffins were mods. For newcomers and people who just frequent the forums, the CBA pip does look very much like the old mod colors. As well as they bellieve that any member of staff (they don't know that the cba is shit) is trusted.

I believe I said WE promoted him, do you really think I make those decisions on my own? And sure I never come in the chatbox but there are chatbox assistants and moderators who are in there very often. In addition to that, we do have the ability to check chatbox logs which we usually do before we promote chatbox assitants. Also, it's very easy to suggest me 5 more competent CBA's right now, after he got banned for scamming... But where were you when we promoted Jamez, I can't recall getting a pm from you with those suggestions? (keep in mind the timezones those people live in if you do that next time)

As for the second statement, anyone who is not illiterate has the ability to read what is stated on the pips. I believe when those were created we put the words on the pip, in addition to that the name of the rank is also stated on their profile. I've never heard of anyone complaining about the fact that the pips were too similar, in fact they're not similar at all right now so even for illiterate people the difference is clearly visible. But if you have any suggestions for what we should do to make it clear to both illiterate and colorblind people, feel free to post it here: https://osbot.org/forum/forum/148-forum-feedbacksuggestions/

I would like to say something else to you, you seem to hate on everything the staff has to say or every decision or change that we make, somehow you're always involved.

Do you have issues with authority figures or are you just someone who likes to complain about everything?

If you have proper suggestions to improve things around these forums I would very much like to hear them, but also keep in mind that we have the whole community to take into account and not just the opinion of one man. In addition to that, in some situations we're limited to what our forum software is able to offer us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dex said:

I believe I said WE promoted him, do you really think I make those decisions on my own? And sure I never come in the chatbox but there are chatbox assistants and moderators who are in there very often. In addition to that, we do have the ability to check chatbox logs which we usually do before we promote chatbox assitants. Also, it's very easy to suggest me 5 more competent CBA's right now, after he got banned for scamming... But where were you when we promoted Jamez, I can't recall getting a pm from you with those suggestions? (keep in mind the timezones those people live in if you do that next time)

As for the second statement, anyone who is not illiterate has the ability to read what is stated on the pips. I believe when those were created we put the words on the pip, in addition to that the name of the rank is also stated on their profile. I've never heard of anyone complaining about the fact that the pips were too similar, in fact they're not similar at all right now so even for illiterate people the difference is clearly visible. But if you have any suggestions for what we should do to make it clear to both illiterate and colorblind people, feel free to post it here: https://osbot.org/forum/forum/148-forum-feedbacksuggestions/

I would like to say something else to you, you seem to hate on everything the staff has to say or every decision or change that we make, somehow you're always involved.

Do you have issues with authority figures or are you just someone who likes to complain about everything?

If you have proper suggestions to improve things around these forums I would very much like to hear them, but also keep in mind that we have the whole community to take into account and not just the opinion of one man. In addition to that, in some situations we're limited to what our forum software is able to offer us.

hey man can I be CBA instead of muffins

Yours truly,

tom

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Tom said:

hey man can I be CBA instead of muffins

Yours truly,

tom

1 hour ago, Dex said:

idk how you say you check chat box logs and in the same breath justify promoting muffins to chat box assistant

7 minutes ago, Solution said:

No, because it brings us infinite joy when something like this happens. We promote the people that are most likely to scam just to fuck with you.

Why are you even asking this question wtf

it takes 5 minutes to google his name and follow some of his old posts, he got banned 3 times now and didn't even change his info.

Obviously i could have done that too, but I trusted osbots staff in a way that they don't let scammers run around for multiple years. -  i learned my lesson.

3 hours ago, Dex said:

• You can make excuses
  • You can justify your actions
  • You can call new members stupid
  • You can call me names

• Why dont you identify where in the process this error occured and help remedy it for next time to protect your users?
  • While you can tell me I have a problem with authority, I dont. I have a problem with people who can't at least say. I'm sorry and we've identified what happened and what we can do better.

I'm not asking you for a leg. I'm asking you to help your community out.

• Mio locked this topic