Should Ex Staff and CBA's be able to edit posts from new members

Oliver

Should Ex Staff and CBA's be able to edit posts from new members  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ex Staff and CBA's be able to edit posts from new members

• Yes
    • No

Today it happened again that someone posted a phising link.

My suggestion would be to give ex staff, cba and maybe another usergroup the possibility to edit posts of new members (1day new or never posted before e.g) to avoid phishing etc.

Just a suggestion (not even sure if its possible over acp)  and I want to see what the community thinks about it?

Add: don't get me wrong, I don't want to criticize the staff team, its just you can't be on and active 24/7 and thats just a suggestion to minimize the risk of phishing 

Edited by Oliver

Uhh. I trust that the majority of users aren't stupid enough to click on random links from 1 day 1 hit wonders. Except for @Maldesto

CBA's are Chatbox Assistants. They help in the chatbox. 

I'm sure it would be helpful but only seldom and defeats the purpose of being staff and ex-staff 

Edited by Asuna
  • Like 1

I don't know if this would help much with that, and we can't have ex-staff fuck around with things they technically shouldn't be able to do. 

I'm down to discuss this with other staff but personally doubt this would fix anything, and I'm quite certain it'd cause trouble.

Just more people for you to have to keep an eye on

Just because this is a moderated forum doesnt mean that you should click every fucking link (especially from suspicious accounts and when its a shortened link!).

Its really the same as everywhere else on the internet. Mods usually remove stuff like that shortly after it gets reported.

If you want to help to moderate maybe you should come back to the moderator team thinking.png

Chatbox assistants shouldn't have any powers like that, it would defeat the purpose of them moderating the chatbox if they also could moderate the forum.

The ex staff part is understandable but then that's like giving mod abilities to a non mod. Also, if you could "edit it out" i'm sure the phisher could edit it back in, leaving you with only the option of locking topics or deleting them.

but before you say why not give those powers instead.. What if the phisher makes multiple threads? it'll just be a war between you and the guy and the end point is banning them.

I mean I wouldn't mind tbh but yeah most people wouldn't be easily baited by a suspicious link with a retarded caption saying "get free bonds"

• Like 2

Chatbox assistants shouldn't have any powers like that, it would defeat the purpose of them moderating the chatbox if they also could moderate the forum.

The ex staff part is understandable but then that's like giving mod abilities to a non mod. Also, if you could "edit it out" i'm sure the phisher could edit it back in, leaving you with only the option of locking topics or deleting them.

but before you say why not give those powers instead.. What if the phisher makes multiple threads? it'll just be a war between you and the guy and the end point is banning them.

I mean I wouldn't mind tbh but yeah most people wouldn't be easily baited by a suspicious link with a retarded caption saying "get free bonds"

holy a quality answer emote32342.png emote32342.png

• Like 1

Ex-Staff are exactly just that, Ex-Staff. The same goes for CBA's. They shouldn't have power where it's not needed.

Instead, if needed, why don't we get an extra mod? Not all mods should be on the same time zone for this exact reason.

I just don't like the fact that there can be people out there who can go and edit posts - which can do a lot of damage - and the only repercussion would be that they would lose a rank or get banned/temp banned. A mod has a lot more respect from the entire community and Ex-Staff aren't mods for a reason, whether it be positive or negative.

If this is an issue, why not try to look for another mod? Or re promote old mods.

I'd honestly be more inclined to let CBA's have power to edit posts over Ex-Staff.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2017 at 1:23 AM, Saiyan said:

Super Saiyan wonder child strikes again, support^