How to start a gold farm

Bucket1337

I've been having small goldfarms on & off for a few years now and thought id give something back to the community.

First of all sorry for my English, it sucks. This is a guide for beginners. I will add more stuff to this guide whenever I have time. Feel free to ask questions.

Also check those guides:

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/104173-guide-to-gold-farmin/

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/107775-gold-farming-tips/#entry1208155

Part one: Planning ahead

What will I bot? There are many points to consider here.

-How long does it take to get a account ready and how much will it cost me?

Actual time to setup the account like trading the account for items, bringing it to certain locations etc. 

-How high is the ban rate?

Think about a unique way to farm, to stay out of the radar. AKA don't bot stuff like yew woodcutting. 

-How much time do I have to invest?

Can I bot the required stats to get my account ready? Do I have to do it manually? 

-Is it mass bottable?

Go check the amount of items sold to the GE and ask your self, if you farm a significant amount to crash the prices. If you do, you will most likely be tracked down by jagex and they will start to ban your mules.

-How much gold will I make per hour.

Get a spread sheet and make some calculators using google drive. (you can let them fetch the prices from the GE API)

Part two: Getting the resources

-proxys: Don't be a cheapass and buy your self some sock5 proxies. Never use 2 accounts on the same proxy at any time to avoid chain bans. 

-private script: You will be the only owner of the script and therefore you will be the only person to have the pattern the script uses

-accounts: You will need at least 1 mule(don't use a account you care about) and your accounts that will be used for your unique method. Always have backup accounts in case a account gets banned. 

-Computer/server/VPS: Setup a machine to run the amount of bots you want to run.

-get VIP/Sponsor: You will need it to run more than one account at a time. 

Part three: Make your life easy

-use CLI to start your farm with just 1 click

-use a google spreadsheet and note all the account names, what they are for, in what stage they are and when you made them member.

-pay osbot members to prepare the accounts for you

F.A.Q.:

Q: What is CLI and how do I use it?

A: Basically you open a Editor, add the following flags and values:

CLI.png

Then you safe the file, by going to "data -> save as -> name id "something".bat -> change datatype to all data".

560bf356e29c65c776a0dee0600df6da.gif

This is how I setup my CLI if i want to run 3 accounts:

java -jar "OSBot.jar" -proxy 123.132.123.123:1234 -login OSBOTUSER:OSBOTPASS -bot 07account@1.com:RSPASS:0000 -script SCRIPTID:0
TIMEOUT /T 40
java -jar "OSBot.jar" -proxy 123.132.123.123:1234 -login OSBOTUSER:OSBOTPASS -bot 07account@2.com:RSPASS:0000 -script SCRIPTID:0
TIMEOUT /T 30
java -jar "OSBot.jar" -proxy 123.132.123.123:1234 -login OSBOTUSER:OSBOTPASS -bot 07account@3.com:RSPASS:0000 -script SCRIPTID:0
TIMEOUT /T 30

I added the TIMEOUT because I had some issues when running multiple bots at the same time. 

Q: How to get your spreadsheet get prices out of the GE API

A: Add this code to your google drive spreadsheet

function GetPriceOSRS(id) {
  return GetPrice('http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_oldschool/api/catalogue/detail.json?item=', id);
}

function getPriceRS3(id) {
 return GetPrice('http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/api/catalogue/detail.json?item=', id);
}

function GetPrice(url, id) {
  var sheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet().getActiveSheet();

var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(url + id);
  var data = JSON.parse(response.getContentText());

price = (''+data['item']['current']['price']).replace(/,/g, "");
  if(price[price.length-1] === 'b') price = price.substr(0,price.length-1)*1000000000;
  else if(price[price.length-1] === 'm') price = price.substr(0,price.length-1)*1000000;
  else if(price[price.length-1] === 'k') price = price.substr(0,price.length-1)*1000;

return parseInt(price);  
}

Shout out to @@Flamezzz  for making this code. QwPha8E.png

You do this by going to "tools -> scripteditor" (look at this guide and replace the code with mine if this does not work)

8d4cbb6eaaf83a19873022a71085ce46.gif

Now you can use "=GetPriceOSRS(ITEMID)" to get the current price.

You finde the ITEMID by going to http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_oldschool/

31291094dfc5671f4fed6a4df1db920e.png

Edited by Slawa
  • Like 10

Did some Googling but couldn't figure out how I would use a cli script. Example?

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/107549-are-these-all-cli-options/

Basically you tell your pc to run osbot, loginto the osbot acc, to log into the rs acc, choose a proxy, turn on lowcpu mode and then (if the script has it available) you can start the script and chose the options via cli.

And you can turn that into a bat file so you just click it and the bot starts and does everything for you.

• Like 2

really good guide here man, what would make it even better is if you taught us how to set it up in 1 click with CLI as there isnt much on the web and i would need to be told directly. I would really appreciate it if you could spend some of your time and explain it to me?

thanks again and great guide A+

Sahand.

Ill do that tomorrow. :)

• Like 1