Removing Bought Ranks From Thread Titles?

Muffins

I think you missed the entire gist/idea of the thread.

If you would read the actual OP you would see why i care. I am aware what a privilege is , but it doesn't mean that they deserve to do it, we have had issues in the past with things like this.

So the issue is click bait titles that bring a false sense of trust? lol 

I still don't see the issue your getting at. Only thing I see really is you trying to help potenial customers who can't use their own judgement on whether or not someone is trusted or not.

Another point... Who cares its a title? Maybe the color should be removed to as it is click baity too.

Sorry if I sound condescending, it just doesn't make sense really. 

• Like 1

So the issue is click bait titles that bring a false sense of trust? lol 

I still don't see the issue your getting at. Only thing I see really is you trying to help potenial customers who can't use their own judgement on whether or not someone is trusted or not.

Another point... Who cares its a title? Maybe the color should be removed to as it is click baity too.

Sorry if I sound condescending, it just doesn't make sense really. 

Yes fine they bought the rank so they deserve to flaunt it at everyone. However, if a potential customer see's [ $ DONOR/LIFETIME SPONSOR] In a thread, he'll probably choose that person over someone who lists their market thread as "Selling osrs gold [rate]"

Fine I guess, it's the customer's choice at the end of the day but it's not all fun and games when you see someone getting scammed and they'll be upset about it in disputes and maybe one day they'll end up doing the same shit to someone else because of their experience.

Example:

@Give me nats

@iDropKickNans

Ultimately, it doesn't really give a reflection of the individual as it's just a pip which states "donator/sponsor"

Like, it doesn't mean that if you choose this person you wont get scammed or anything.

• Like 1

@Krys :boge:

Yes fine they bought the rank so they deserve to flaunt it at everyone. However, if a potential customer see's [ $ DONOR/LIFETIME SPONSOR] In a thread, he'll probably choose that person over someone who lists their market thread as "Selling osrs gold [rate]"

Fine I guess, it's the customer's choice at the end of the day but it's not all fun and games when you see someone getting scammed and they'll be upset about it in disputes and maybe one day they'll end up doing the same shit to someone else because of their experience.

Example:

@Give me nats

@iDropKickNans

Ultimately, it doesn't really give a reflection of the individual as it's just a pip which states "donator/sponsor"

Like, it doesn't mean that if you choose this person you wont get scammed or anything.

It doesn't reflect our trust, it's to increase our sales as it is more attractive than those doing "selling osrs gold"

@Krys boge.png

It doesn't reflect our trust, it's to increase our sales as it is more attractive than those doing "selling osrs gold"

Well :boge: you're wrong!

fine fren, it makes it look attractive but do you know why it looks attractive? Yeah..

Whether you like it or not, it reflects trust lol. You may have sincere intentions (as i dont think you're a scammer)

but not everyone does :p

• Like 1

The entire problem is non-existent, if it were a real problem we -and other sites amongst us- would have removed it by now. There is no actual sense of trust, somebody with 50 feedback could've just bought 1m osrsgp 50 times. For every scam of type x there's another of type y. 

There's no @Solution because there's no real problem.

• Like 1

The entire problem is non-existent, if it were a real problem we -and other sites amongst us- would have removed it by now. There is no actual sense of trust, somebody with 50 feedback could've just bought 1m osrsgp 50 times. For every scam of type x there's another of type y. 

There's no @Solution because there's no real problem.

3628183-5691775403-240px.jpg

• Like 4