Mirror client bug report - positions

Apaec

None of the questions from the report template are really relevant here, so:

Recently i've recieved reports of pathwalking screwing up. I took a look into it and it seems that it only happens on mirror mode. What was even stranger was that the debug I used to paint the positions for each position in my path on the minimap was actually moving. So it looks like for some reason the positions move around the place (it seems with rotational symmetry i.e the path would rotate through 90* or 180* but the positions would stay in line).

So it seems the static path is moving around and local walker is trying to move to a changing path and it ends up walking off somewhere.

I know for sure that other scripters are experiencing this and it would be great if this could be fixed as it's causing mirror mode to be pretty much redundant atm. 

cheers

Apa

• Like 3

None of the questions from the report template are really relevant here, so:

Recently i've recieved reports of pathwalking screwing up. I took a look into it and it seems that it only happens on mirror mode. What was even stranger was that the debug I used to paint the positions for each position in my path on the minimap was actually moving. So it looks like for some reason the positions move around the place (it seems with rotational symmetry i.e the path would rotate through 90* or 180* but the positions would stay in line).

So it seems the static path is moving around and local walker is trying to move to a changing path and it ends up walking off somewhere.

I know for sure that other scripters are experiencing this and it would be great if this could be fixed as it's causing mirror mode to be pretty much redundant atm. 

cheers

Apa

Exactly, it seems to happend very often while trying to load a new region.

If you paint out lines on tiles while trying to load it will roate or shoft them over ... very strange stuff :s

I also noticed that this issue very very rarely happends on normal client too, but it's too rare to care.

but on mirror it happends like a lot :s

A lot of my customers have been complaining about my paths shifting over to other regions :s

Causing the script to walk like 40 tiles out of where it's susposed to end.

Khaleesi 

• Like 1

Yep kinda annoying.

Tempfix: you could just add a check for client.isLoggedIn() before walking or handling an obstacle. I'm pretty sure that fixed this issue in my script. If you're using walkPath this might not work tho. In that case you could try to create a thread which terminates all (walking) events if isMirrror and !isPaused and !loggedIn or something similar.

Edited by Flamezzz

• 2 weeks later...

Users have reported:

walking this way

error api 1.png

...and walking this way:

error apa 2.png

Orange shows the Position[] array of the path it's trying to walk. Obviously I didnt set the path to walk that way, it's meant to walk into the furnace room (180* rotation), but I guess this is where the bug arises.

When I tried it myself, the path flicked back and forth between the furnace room and this orientation (very rapidly).

apa

Edited by Apaec
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...