Anyone Interested in Video Scripting Tutorials?

Eliot

I am wondering if people would be interested in video scripting tutorials, I know we have some great written ones here, but (at least for me) I find videos to be more engaging. I am thinking of making a series that goes from the basics of making a script through the entire life cycle of a script. The series would go through the process of making an entire non-trivial script from the idea to the end product and the maintaining phase.

I remember a video tutorial by one of the scripters here helped me get started almost two years ago, so I'm thinking this would be a fun way to help out some new people. Let me know!

• Like 5

I am wondering if people would be interested in video scripting tutorials, I know we have some great written ones here, but (at least for me) I find videos to be more engaging. I am thinking of making a series that goes from the basics of making a script through the entire life cycle of a script. The series would go through the process of making an entire non-trivial script from the idea to the end product and the maintaining phase.

I remember a video tutorial by one of the scripters here helped me get started almost two years ago, so I'm thinking this would be a fun way to help out some new people. Let me know!

I'm happy I could help you out 2 years ago QwPha8E.png

I might give it another go when I got 3 weeks off from work ;)

(Half July)

Edited by Khaleesi

• Administrator

YES! I really want to learn although I feel like I can't get the grips of it that way. Maybe you could do like a series? novice right through to advanced

Video tutorial would definitely be nice smile.png

Yes, this would be great. 

I would definitely watch the videos in my free-time.

Very much. 

Definitely man

• Like 1

I'm glad there is some interest in this!

Would you be covering just the basics or would you go in deeper? I think a video tutorial on doing Node framework would help a lot of scripters out if you're interested in that. I managed to follow the guide and figure it out through that, but it still took a lot of time to get down.

Wow that would be pretty cool to have around(very thoughtful of you too).

I agree video tutorials are a great way to learn a new skill. I actually learned how to hack my PSP using video tutorials back when I was 15 and from there over the years I learned how to hack my Wii,ds,ps2,3ds and most recently this year my ps3. Sure video game system hacking requires different skill sets but regardless video tutorials are fantastic, and I have wanted to learn about scripting for a while now.

Unfortunately even if I do learn I doubt I could make any scripts for OSBot once I start Law School, and that takes almost all my time =(.

Would you be covering just the basics or would you go in deeper? I think a video tutorial on doing Node framework would help a lot of scripters out if you're interested in that. I managed to follow the guide and figure it out through that, but it still took a lot of time to get down.

I would likely start from the basics, this means scripting basics not Java basics (but I'm sure I will teach some of this along the way). As the series progresses I would get into more intermediate advanced topics as well. This is all just an idea at this point but I think it would be fun to make and useful for others.

• Like 1

I would likely start from the basics, this means scripting basics not Java basics (but I'm sure I will teach some of this along the way). As the series progresses I would get into more intermediate advanced topics as well. This is all just an idea at this point but I think it would be fun to make and useful for others.

Something like that would have helped me a ton when I first started with scripting. I'll defiantly check it out if you decide to release it.