OSBot 2.3.36 - Widget optimisations

Maxi

• Developer

Dear community,

With the new widget system affecting a large area of our code it was inevitable there would occur performance issues. I have profiled the bot and applied a first set of optimisations. I know there are more optimisations to be done on the new system, but this should already make a big difference.

Scripts might spike a little cpu usage on start up when the system caches some data. If you still experience issues with performance, please report in detail so I can investigate and optimise further. Your help is appreciated.

I will upload the javadocs shortly after.

Sincerely,

The OSBot team

Edit:

API java docs have been updated. A packaged version of the docs to use in your IDE's can be found here: https://osbot.org/api/javadocs.zip

• Like 4

Works better now thanks! smile.png

Yep, 100x better, definitely usable now!

Edit: Seems turning on "Low CPU" in the menu makes the script nearly unable to do basic dialogue (didn't test interactions). This was with the Customs Officer on Karamja, would move the move a few pixels at the time and lag. Without "Low CPU" enabled it works like a charm though!

Edited by dudeami
  • Developer

Yep, 100x better, definitely usable now!

Edit: Seems turning on "Low CPU" in the menu makes the script nearly unable to do basic dialogue (didn't test interactions). This was with the Customs Officer on Karamja, would move the move a few pixels at the time and lag. Without "Low CPU" enabled it works like a charm though!

Yes dialogues require some optimisations with the new widget system. They will get optimised during this or next week.

On another note, API javadocs have been updated.