23 members have voted

1. 1. Osbot should change the bot/site layout

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Osbot should remove the account selling section

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys,

I'm member since july 16th 2013, and still here. I've seen osbot growing, used osbot 1 for months and i saw osbot 2 coming out this year. As a "regular" member i don't have such a big influence on this bot, but somehow i feel like i need to share my opinion about the community right now. Do with it whatever you like, don't hate, just discuss.

After osbot 2 came out i actually feel like the community is dying. Not only because jagex has been getting better "catching us", but for some other reasons aswell:

1. Client has no special features

Even though they brought out osbot 2, i still feel like the osbot client doesn't have anything special compared to other bots. Think about things like webwalking, script/task switching etc. Osbot should make something to make it attractive for us/new people to use their client, and compare itself with other botting sites.

2. Bot layout

I know it's all about the functionality, bug after osbot 2 came out nothing really has changed beside the functionality of the bot. Doesn't osbot need a little more fresh start/client? New site and client layout would do a lot.

3. Script writers

I'm know i'm not a script writer, i'm just not a person who is into java coding and stuff, but i feel like script writers became more lazy after osbot 2 came out. All their osbot 1 scripts got deleted, and i feel like many of them left because of that. There was no other way, but it's such a waste of all the free scripts around which worked fine.

Many of my suggestions of making new scripts/add features have been rejected because "the money isn't worth the time". I know this is true, but the thing about osbot is they're thinking with dollar signs instead of making the bot more attractive for more people. I agree that adding some features doesn't result in a direct profit, but in long term i really think it will.

4. Remove the account selling section

Last year i bought like 4 accounts using osbot, and they all got charged back. The account selling section makes it so easy for people, even for me if i wanted, to get money by just scamquitting when they decide to leave the bot anyway. I really feel like only 5% of the people there can be trusted. Just take a look at these topics:

Like come on, does anyone really find these trustworthy? Because of all these scamquits last weeks my view on the community has become much worse. 

These 3 basic things have made me stop to use the osbot client. I'm sorry, but other bots have much more free scripts, some nice features beside the basics, and script writers are willing to put much more effort into their scripts, even without getting cash for it. The reason i'm still here is because of my sponsor and the "trust" i gained from people. I'm sorry but it's true.

Last of all i want to give @Alek a great compliment. In my opinion he's one of the guys who is really willing to put some fresh effort into the bot and make it even better. I know there are a lot of people working on osbot (great compliment to them aswell), but i've never seen such an active member like him. Thanks for all your effort, but i feel like the community is still dying.

Don't hate, just discuss.

Peace out,

Mr. Bagwell

Hippie.jpg

Edited by Theodore Bagwell
  • Like 2

You bring up some pretty good topics here.

1. Special Features

I actually have something pretty exciting for VIP+ members in the works, won't be much but it sure will be a little special.

2. Bot Layout

I've actually been trying to slowly address this, it is however quite time consuming. I definitely am with you on this to some degree.

3. Script Writers

I can see both your point of view and the view of script writers. In their defense, making a comprehensive script takes A LOT of time and effort. I think a lot of people take for granted all the work that goes into making a script. "It's just a simple cow killing script". The "It's just a simple" will almost immediately put any script writer off because that person is obviously ignorant. Perfection takes a lot of blood and sweat.

In your defense, there's a lot which all of our scripts could improve on (to include my own).

4. Account Selling

I'm really in no position to make a comment here.

Thanks for the shout-out by the way. I try and get something accomplished each and every week.

• Like 2

Something Certainly needs to be done to rejuvenate Osbot, With Banrates being the way they are the only reason i've stuck around is the community, and tbh i haven't seen any1 in weeks in the account selling section that i would trust to not acc recover.

That's why the topic is so useless.. Even when there was someone who you trust (a friend or w/e) you would have talked to him in private already..

I agree with everything here. I've noticed that recently the amount of users has been increasing, to bad that growth won't flourish. OSBot could have been the biggest bot on the market but the people who run it are completely retarded (besides @Alek of course, I'm not sure why he still wastes his talents here). Not once have I seen any sort of advertising technique being used by the staff or even a simple community event (no that shitty ridle hunt or whatever you want to call it doesn't count).

Oh, and weren't we supposed to have a completely new domain name with RS3 bot support like 2 months ago? And webwalking over a year ago? It's pathetic seeing the administration kill their own product.

• Like 8

3. Script writers

I'm know i'm not a script writer, i'm just not a person who is into java coding and stuff, but i feel like script writers became more lazy after osbot 2 came out. All their osbot 1 scripts got deleted, and i feel like many of them left because of that. There was no other way, but it's such a waste of all the free scripts around which worked fine.

Many of my suggestions of making new scripts/add features have been rejected because "the money isn't worth the time". I know this is true, but the thing about osbot is they're thinking with dollar signs instead of making the bot more attractive for more people. I agree that adding some features doesn't result in a direct profit, but in long term i really think it will.

A lot of script writers left because it wasn't worth their time anymore.

The one-time-fee business model can only work if the fee in question is substantial enough and/or there's a continuous flow of new customers, OSBot hasn't been able to offer either of those conditions for a while now. They offered a fair solution, a regulated script market (theoretically) attractive for the site owners, script consumers & script providers but that just failed.

It's a shame.

Edit: ew dat gravedig

Edited by Botre
  • Like 1

The only part of the site that I believe needs to be redone is this page: http://osbot.org/mvc/sdn2/scripts

http://prntscr.com/532kw9 the oldschool player count is definitely not decreasing, in fact it is currently on uphill pattern. 

I wonder what statistics OSBot looks at behind the scenes to see the change in player's botting in relation to players online.

Along with that, what is OSBot doing to attract scripters or motivate people to learn to script and contribute(even if its free!).

Without an active base of scripters, we lack quality scripts. And when we lack quality scripts, we are less attractive than competitors. 

I also agree with one of the post above, what advertising or community involvement(beyond the forum chatbox...) has been made?

I definitely think there is still a chance for OSBot to strive(not that it's not now, it's still successful, not it's been on a decline).

I think Alek is making amazing efforts and doing his best to make OSBot its best, but it's hard to do alone(Maybe the other developers are doing BTS stuff though?).

@Account selling

I think we should consider other solutions before removing the ability to sell accounts completely.. the market is already limited as it is(can't even sell RSPS related stuff). If my dog has heartworms, I don't kill my dog I fix him. If the account selling section has scammers, we don't limit the other trustworthy people from selling, we stop the scammers(which may not be as easy as it sounds but its a better solution that killing the section). 

• Like 1