Regarding 'forum cleanup'

RoomScape

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/59263-important-forum-cleanup/

I look through my threads to find stuff as well as those created by others. Deleting it will remove that information and it's just generally annoying. If you want to  stop gravedigging, lock the thread...don't delete it from view. Now if I'm looking for something I or someone else posted in an old thread, I have to ask a mod to look it up for me and they possibly have no idea what I'm talking about and I can now not find what I'm looking for? Seriously?

5b93faca3bba75ffaded76f2f00ff2da.png

That is just annoying and honestly pointless...

• Like 3

The threads aren't deleted they are just hidden, the general assumption is if no one posts In The thread > 1 month it's dead and there is no use for it anymore.

I'm getting notifications saying that you're deleting my threads lol pretty sure you're not hiding/archiving m8. It's like roomscape said you shouldnt delete it mate

I'm getting notifications saying that you're deleting my threads lol pretty sure you're not hiding/archiving m8. It's like roomscape said you shouldnt delete it mate

Not true.

You can hide a thread (most users don't see, but mods and admins do)

You can delete a thread (nobody sees it anymore), but the thread is still stored in a special place.

You can permanently delete a thread after it's been "deleted"

When you get that notification, it's like deleting something into the Recycle Bin on Windows. It's not really deleted, just moved somewhere hidden.