[Monthly] Community Event- Scripting Competition

Scripting Competition Event  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Scripting Competition Monthly?

• Yes
    • No

I'd need more details, for example would the script be free? Does the winner set the price? I know @Swizzbeat wanted to do this for free scripts.

The details will come at a later stage sherif, just trying to gauge from you guys how popular this would be as @Maldesto told me in the past there was about 2/3 entries but hopefully we can get this to 10/12 ^_^

Just wanted to say, Back when I originally proposed scripting competitions we came up with a better system for judging scripts thatn what you have now. Your current criteria seems very subjective.

Here's my idea for judging the scripts:

15 points = Code Quality - Naming conventions, efficient algorithms, ans SEXY CODE.

10 points = Stability  - How long the script can run without stopping

10 points = Performance - How well does the script do it's job? Is it getting bitches and money? 

5 points = Features - Any innovative features that sets the script apart from all others!

5 points = User Interface - How easily the user is able to set-up the script, and how easily the data is displayed to the user. (Input/output)

The details will come at a later stage sherif, just trying to gauge from you guys how popular this would be as @Maldesto told me in the past there was about 2/3 entries but hopefully we can get this to 10/12 happy.png

Last competition had 2 bad problems:

1) Category was prayer -.-

2) Bad leadership.

Just wanted to say, Back when I originally proposed scripting competitions we came up with a better system for judging scripts thatn what you have now. Your current criteria seems very subjective.

15 points = Code Quality - Naming conventions, efficient algorithms, ans SEXY CODE.

10 points = Stability - How long the script can run without stopping

10 points = Performance - How well does the script do it's job? Is it getting bitches and money?

5 points = Features - Any innovative features that sets the script apart from all others!

5 points = User Interface - How easily the user is able to set-up the script, and how easily the data is displayed to the user. (Input/output)

2) Bad leadership.

I like the sound of that system :) as I said everything is subject to change this topic was just to see how interested everyone would be ^_^

• Like 1

I like the sound of that system smile.png as I said everything is subject to change this topic was just to see how interested everyone would be happy.png

Awesome, can't wait to do this thing! BTW here's my old thread on this topic: http://osbot.org/forum/topic/25817-scripting-competition-coming-soon/?hl=scripting+competition

Not really, you guys will be rained down upon with glorious free scripts ^.^

But I don't bot. :(

Not really, as @Deffiliate said, there will be a larger amount of free scripts. In addition to that I have another idea for an event which will come after this poll ^_^

Oh, wonder if it's something I can do. O.o

• Administrator

I wouldn't be against making the winner be a vip only script.

10 points = Stability  - How long the script can run without stopping

2) Bad leadership.

Agree 100%, I am was no part of the last scripting competition and think this one will go a lot smoother with Eric/Alek/Divinity heading it. If they all can give it some dedication.

I can't really give much if any input on scripting related issues, except maybe what the prize and such could be.

• Like 1

Well seeing as you guys are the one submitting entries, that's pretty much involving all of you who wish to participate.

What about the community gets to give input on the scripts?  I think that would make it more community oriented if everyone got to participate in a way, including the people who don't know how to script

What about the community gets to give input on the scripts?  I think that would make it more community oriented if everyone got to participate in a way, including the people who don't know how to script

That'd be cool w/ me. Alot of the scripters that were involved in the last competition were thinking of even Streaming while owrking on the script so the community could be involved in the process ^.^