[Monthly] Community Event- Scripting Competition

Scripting Competition Event  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Scripting Competition Monthly?

• Yes
    • No

Hey community,

In an effort to engage the community more we would like to host some more events, as you all know we already have an event where you could win all sorts of cool prizes ranging from VIP to Lifetime Sponsor. This campaign has proven to be very successful and the feedback received from the event is very positive. We would like to host more of these events, @Swizzbeat made a great suggestion which was to host a Scripting Competition similar to SOTW.

How it would work:

1. Users will have 1 week to come up with a script for a skill that is announced (similar to how SOTW runs)
  2. Once the entries are submitted to myself they will be reviewed by me and a few of the OSD's who are interested in participating
  3. We will come up with a final winner, this winner will receive a PiP for that month until the next competition is held (similar to that of SOTW)

You will be judged on a number of criteria which includes (Subject to change):

1. The efficiency of your algorithms
  2. How the script runs
  3. Your understanding of Java (the different classes used in the libraries, different functions etc.)
  4. Naming conventions
  5. The clarity of your code
  6. All other methods of good code practice

I'm going to keep the POLL open for two days, we would like as much feedback as we can get so we can see how popular this event will be. More prizes and rewards will come at a later date once the competition has kicked off. Get voting!

Kind regards,

OSBot Staff Team

Voted no, I think it should be monthly.

Everything is subject to change once we have discussed it as Staff from the results of the poll, just trying to gauge how many entrants/how popular it would be ^_^

So where does the community come into this?

Well seeing as you guys are the one submitting entries, that's pretty much involving all of you who wish to participate.

Everything is subject to change once we have discussed it as Staff from the results of the poll, just trying to gauge how many entrants/how popular it would be ^_^

Well seeing as you guys are the one submitting entries, that's pretty much involving all of you who wish to participate.

So it's a scripters only event, not really for the 'community'. You should do it like this if you want to involve more than scripters;

Make a new SDN category called Weekly Script Competition, you guys all upload your scripts, users download them and test them out and then come vote which one they liked the most. That's more community based and competition like in my eyes.

• Like 1

What happens to the script after the competition?

We will discuss the details once we see how much interest there is, most likely the script will be on the SDN with a prize of some sort for that month.

As for @Joe, it's not just for scripters it's for anyone who wishes to part take in the event, there are many scripters here that don't release anything but have more knowledge than some of our current scripters. We would like to give them chance to come out and reveal them selves ^_^

We will discuss the details once we see how much interest there is, most likely the script will be on the SDN with a prize of some sort for that month.

As for @Joe, it's not just for scripters it's for anyone who wishes to part take in the event, there are many scripters here that don't release anything but have more knowledge than some of our current scripters. We would like to give them chance to come out and reveal them selves happy.png

I'd need more details, for example would the script be free? Does the winner set the price? I know @Swizzbeat wanted to do this for free scripts.