Lol @ sweeping monthly scripts

Timekeeper

Take it easy brochacho.

I was just clearing  up a misconception.

Some people seem to think we scripters make 5 times average wage when in reality most of us make 20% of minimum wage. Just wanted to make that clear smile.png

But yeah I do think people are not very bright if they can't make a profit (in terms of value, read below) from botting.

These scripts should quite simply be an aid. So you can do as many calculations as you want, but at the end of the day, nobody's willing to have their pockets strangled because some pretentious little asshole on the other side of a monitor looks at his consumers as inferiors. 

Listen, botting returns value. It gives you an ingame or real life advantage that is worth something.

Experience, quest points, gp, dollars and saved time all have value (whether you choose to convert the ingame value into real life value is up to you of course).

If you want value, you have to pay for it. That's how the world works.

Do not even bother commenting back if you're going to come with a shitty attitude you nasty piece of work

Calm down mate :/

I calculated my hourly wage based on the time I spent writing/debugging/testing/giving customer support for all of my scripts together:

It's not even 2.5$/h. That's very far from minimum wage. It's sweatshop money. How the f am I a money whore ?

If you don't want to pay for my time invested in a quality product (from writing to consumer support)  then bye, I really don't need / want people so dumb they don't know how to make a profit botting anyways.

Did you calculate your wage based on the sale of a single script or on income thus far lmao?

Either way you're selling a product so time invested doesn't matter. We are buying a product, and tbh, your product isn't worth the expense as your net income is about to show you.

I don't mind the monthly payment, but didn't expect them to be this expensive. I thought maybe a few dollars max.

Same for example. If it was a cooking script but had a $1 month fee just for maintence or some bullshit that's fine whatever. But some of the month fees are fucking higher than the script itself lmao, so it's literally like you're rebuying the script every month.

I understand why the decision was made, but it's being abused and it's going to hurt the client, the customer, and the scripter in the long run. I am a firm believer in instancing and think that is what should be done here. Many scripters are taking advantage of the new system to try and cash in.

• Like 1

Take it easy brochacho.

I was just clearing  up a misconception.

Some people seem to think we scripters make 5 times average wage when in reality most of us make 20% of minimum wage. Just wanted to make that clear smile.png

I came to that fact because I created a fungus collecting script pre-eoc using the DT house method. It took me around 5 hours to create for private usage then I uploaded it when I quit rs. I came back 3 months later for EoC and all I had to do was fix it for some API changes and it carried on working and it had been working up until EoC when the API changes happened.

So I really don't understand how you're making 20% of the minimum wage unless you've made a highly unstable script or just a shit scripter (No offence)  

Did you calculate your wage based on the sale of a single script or on income thus far lmao?

Either way you're selling a product so time invested doesn't matter. We are buying a product, and tbh, your product isn't worth the expense as your net income is about to show you.

All time spent on all scripts / all money from scripts.

Time invested doesn't matter ? Wtf ? How about updates and customer support, writing additional features, research ?

Not worth the expense ? A bold claim considering I don't even have a product on the market ;) We'll see. Maybe some people know how to actually make money botting ;)

I came to that fact because I created a fungus collecting script pre-eoc using the DT house method. It took me around 5 hours to create for private usage then I uploaded it when I quit rs. I came back 3 months later for EoC and all I had to do was fix it for some API changes and it carried on working and it had been working up until EoC when the API changes happened.

So I really don't understand how you're making 20% of the minimum wage unless you've made a highly unstable script or just a shit scripter (No offence)  

I had the number 1 fungus script.

3 banking methods, 4 teleport methods, more than 6 spots,  etc...

Exquisite customer support, I once spent 4 hours on teamviewer to help a guy who was having issues, just to to make sure it wasn't an issue on my side. 5 Star customer review feedback tho.

Regular updates and optimization.

It was one of the first scripts to feature bot world hopping.

Never broken for more than 12 hours.

You said the word: private usage.

Come back to me when you have hundreds of gold farmers (= hundreds of requests for new features ans hundreds of complaints when something goes wrong) depending on your code. 

Everyone agrees, make the monthly fee 1, 2 dollar and the script price normal. it is Not normal for the renewal price to be so damn expensive, even higher than the price itself! wut???

I don't think going as far as making the monthly 1/2 dollars is going to change anything for some. Some scripts need a complete repricing.