The Great Transition Forward - OSBot 2

Laz

Hello dear botters and script developers.

We feel it's becoming time to announce that OSBot will begin officially transitioning over to the OSBot 2 platform along with commencing the start of the new SDN. Today's message is simply a reminder and fair warning to every script developer that the SDN will no longer be selling OSBot 1 scripts starting 2 weeks from now (aka June 16th)!

What does that mean? Well if you paid for an OSBot 1 script, you will still be able to use it on either OSBot 1 natively (as the script was designed) or on the emulator which OSBot 2 provides.

Transition Date:

June 16th, 2014

For customers:

If a script is deemed equivalent to your OSBot 1 script and added onto the OSBot 2 SDN, you will be granted access to the OSBot 2 version as well! If you paid for a script that does not renew ever (aka a lifetime script) and an OSBot 2 equivalent script is available, you will only have a free-trial of 30 days for the OSBot 2 version! You may decide freely whether to keep using OSBot 1 scripts for botting or the OSBot 2 equivalents.

For script-developers:

OSBot 1 scripts will no longer renew or be sold on our store! In order to keep your customers and status as a developer on the SDN, you will be required to convert your scripts to the OSBot 2 platform and ensure their quality and standards. It does not take very long to convert scripts, OSBot 2's API is simply a little bit different with additional features.

There is no reservations for certain scripts (i.e. AIO fighters, merchers, etc.). It's a free-for-all. Only the best scripts will be accepted for premium sales. Additionally, any script which is to be sold on the OSBot 2 SDN/Store will have to meet certain standards of quality and reliability.

What to expect after OSBot 2 is released:

We've been developing OSBot 2 for a long time now and we're close to getting a fully operational dynamic web-walker. OSBot 2.2.X will feature a bot scheduler which takes full advantage of web-walker API being written currently. Additionally, the API will be added so that developers may use web-walking in their scripts as well! 

The next generation scripts for OSBot will feature requirement logistics and starting points on the map. The built-in bot scheduler will allow you to load up an unlimited amount of compatible scripts concurrently and and allow the bot to transition between the loaded scripts freely and randomly based on certain probabilities and configurations done before-hand. This new style of automatic scheduling will allow your bots to behave more human-like during long periods of time by constantly having a pool of different available behaviors.

How are we doing it?:

Here in the development line we're creating tools which facilitate the analyzation of the game's maps and object spawns. Much of the logic behind the proposed web-walkers and bot schedulers is easily automated when data from the game is analyzed properly and efficiently.

Pr4WCMJ.png

Conclusion:

We want to start seeing lots of script submissions for the OSBot 2 SDN! OSBot 1 scripts will no longer be sold on June 16th. Newly added OSBot 2 scripts will replace our current repository with better, more reliable scripts! The OSBot 1 client will still be supported for several months and will be discontinued once the OSBot 2 repository is satisfactory!

Thanks,

Sincerely Laz and the OSBot Team!

With all this being said, could you make a post in the Scripter section with a link to EVERYTHING that way everything can be all in one thread? EVERYTHING as in API link, client link, changes, examples, etc?

All this hate.

1) For those of your complaining about the API not working, @Eliot and I have basically coded a fully working AIO Fighter, and am about to release a beta for an AIO Miner. Yes, the interact methods are a bit weird, but it still works.

2) For those of you who have been complaining about things like ColorPicker throwing exceptions... don't access it in a static context. Don't use ColorPicker.isColorAt, use this.colorPicker.isColorAt (assuming this refers to your script which extends Script), otherwise you'll need some sort of reference. But the point is, you need to access it through the instance of color picker that's stored within Script.

3) What's this complaint about no incentives? That's the whole point of making scripts monthly paid, so that even if (and I highly doubt) your script has reached 100% saturation, you'll still get money. Also, @Swizzbeat, where did you hear that only 5% of users renew? That's only assuming the script is terrible, so users no longer want to use it... (not saying that your scripts are bad)

• Like 7

All this hate.

1) For those of your complaining about the API not working, @Eliot and I have basically coded a fully working AIO Fighter, and am about to release a beta for an AIO Miner. Yes, the interact methods are a bit weird, but it still works.

2) For those of you who have been complaining about things like ColorPicker throwing exceptions... don't access it in a static context. Don't use ColorPicker.isColorAt, use this.colorPicker.isColorAt (assuming this refers to your script which extends Script), otherwise you'll need some sort of reference. But the point is, you need to access it through the instance of color picker that's stored within Script.

3) What's this complaint about no incentives? That's the whole point of making scripts monthly paid, so that even if (and I highly doubt) your script has reached 100% saturation, you'll still get money. Also, @Swizzbeat, where did you hear that only 5% of users renew? That's only assuming the script is terrible, so users no longer want to use it... (not saying that your scripts are bad)

My renew rate is about 40%. Is that good?

What's this complaint about no incentives? That's the whole point of making scripts monthly paid, so that even if (and I highly doubt) your script has reached 100% saturation, you'll still get money. 

I hope the forums are ready to get flooded by posts like these :/

I love the idea of monthly payments as a provider, consumers won't.

eb27156d38efdb40fef8286c5f67c0c5.png

Edited by Botrepreneur

Hello dear botters and script developers.

We feel it's becoming time to announce that OSBot will begin officially transitioning over to the OSBot 2 platform along with commencing the start of the new SDN. Today's message is simply a reminder and fair warning to every script developer that the SDN will no longer be selling OSBot 1 scripts starting 2 weeks from now (aka June 16th)!

What does that mean? Well if you paid for an OSBot 1 script, you will still be able to use it on either OSBot 1 natively (as the script was designed) or on the emulator which OSBot 2 provides.

Transition Date:

June 16th, 2014

For customers:

If a script is deemed equivalent to your OSBot 1 script and added onto the OSBot 2 SDN, you will be granted access to the OSBot 2 version as well! If you paid for a script that does not renew ever (aka a lifetime script) and an OSBot 2 equivalent script is available, you will only have a free-trial of 30 days for the OSBot 2 version! You may decide freely whether to keep using OSBot 1 scripts for botting or the OSBot 2 equivalents.

For script-developers:

OSBot 1 scripts will no longer renew or be sold on our store! In order to keep your customers and status as a developer on the SDN, you will be required to convert your scripts to the OSBot 2 platform and ensure their quality and standards. It does not take very long to convert scripts, OSBot 2's API is simply a little bit different with additional features.

There is no reservations for certain scripts (i.e. AIO fighters, merchers, etc.). It's a free-for-all. Only the best scripts will be accepted for premium sales. Additionally, any script which is to be sold on the OSBot 2 SDN/Store will have to meet certain standards of quality and reliability.

What to expect after OSBot 2 is released:

We've been developing OSBot 2 for a long time now and we're close to getting a fully operational dynamic web-walker. OSBot 2.2.X will feature a bot scheduler which takes full advantage of web-walker API being written currently. Additionally, the API will be added so that developers may use web-walking in their scripts as well! 

The next generation scripts for OSBot will feature requirement logistics and starting points on the map. The built-in bot scheduler will allow you to load up an unlimited amount of compatible scripts concurrently and and allow the bot to transition between the loaded scripts freely and randomly based on certain probabilities and configurations done before-hand. This new style of automatic scheduling will allow your bots to behave more human-like during long periods of time by constantly having a pool of different available behaviors.

How are we doing it?:

Here in the development line we're creating tools which facilitate the analyzation of the game's maps and object spawns. Much of the logic behind the proposed web-walkers and bot schedulers is easily automated when data from the game is analyzed properly and efficiently.

Pr4WCMJ.png

Conclusion:

We want to start seeing lots of script submissions for the OSBot 2 SDN! OSBot 1 scripts will no longer be sold on June 16th. Newly added OSBot 2 scripts will replace our current repository with better, more reliable scripts! The OSBot 1 client will still be supported for several months and will be discontinued once the OSBot 2 repository is satisfactory!

Thanks,

Sincerely Laz and the OSBot Team!

Will the web walking come out on the same date as the transition?

I see way too much bitching in this thread, the OSBot 2 client has several minor API bugs which will obviously be fixed, they are irrelevant in this discussion. I've had no trouble creating a fully functional AIO fighter and AIO miner with the current OSBot 2 API, if something we needed was broken, we reported it and it was fixed.

You're not rewriting your scripts for nothing, you act as if you won't get any more sales, also you should be pricing with monthly fees to keep money coming long after the OSBot 2 transition. Yes, it's more work, get over it. OSBot 2 will no doubt bring in more money, if you're not up for it then don't rewrite, I'm sure somebody else will.

You're not rewriting your scripts for nothing, you act as if you won't get any more sales, also you should be pricing with monthly fees to keep money coming long after the OSBot 2 transition. Yes, it's more work, get over it. OSBot 2 will no doubt bring in more money, if you're not up for it then don't rewrite, I'm sure somebody else will.

I don't see how its more work :p

We'll see how monthly fees will affect OSBot, I have my doubts about it, I hope I'm wrong though.