The Great Transition Forward - OSBot 2

Laz

Just converted one of my smaller scripts - Tutorial island script - for OSBot 2. Took me about several hours to get a hang of the API. Another several to actually change the code. Now, after all this time, I run the script to see how it runs. I seriously was naive enough to believe it would run.

Well, it doesn't.

ColorPickers method, isColorAt() - http://osbot.org/osbot2_api/org/osbot/rs07/api/ColorPicker.html

Does not work (throws more nullpointers then me searching for my biological parents).

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.osbot.rs07.api.ColorPicker.isColorAt(jf:41)

My script is entirely based on ColorPicker.

I find it odd that so many things that they simply moved to a new package can manage to get so broken.

It's a shame.

I have a problem now, as i said earlier in the scripters subforums i have no time to invest in scripting for another good month. I will not be able to convert/rewrite my current scripts as i just don't have the time (exams). Will this affect me? I hope not considering that when someone buys a script they pay for the current version and i feel i am not obliged to provide a script on the new osbot (if i could i would do it obviously but i really can't).

TL:DR Will scripters be penalized if they don't transfer their current SDN scripts over?

Edited by thepecher
  • Like 1

Just converted one of my smaller scripts - Tutorial island script - for OSBot 2. Took me about several hours to get a hang of the API. Another several to actually change the code. Now, after all this time, I run the script to see how it runs. I seriously was naive enough to believe it would run.

Well, it doesn't.

ColorPickers method, isColorAt() - http://osbot.org/osbot2_api/org/osbot/rs07/api/ColorPicker.html

Does not work (throws more nullpointers then me searching for my biological parents).

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.osbot.rs07.api.ColorPicker.isColorAt(jf:41)
My script is entirely based on ColorPicker.

I use ColorPicker for my tutorial script too QwPha8E.png Not looking good for us lol

This is bullshit. We have to rewrite/port our scripts so you can hand them out for free? Absolutely fucken not.

What are you talking about? There will still be renewal fees on the ones that are transferred over. Unless you have a script that's a one time payment, then the users will have access to a free 30 day trial of one that is equivalent to its OSBot 1 predecessor. During this trial is the time to convince the user through the script to purchase it after the trial is over.

Please read the announcement and try and keep an open mind. Such a derogatory attitude is not needed.

• Like 1

This is bullshit. We have to rewrite/port our scripts so you can hand them out for free? Absolutely fucken not.

This.

Script writers are dissatisfied because of the lack of strong financial incentives (the ability to resell a ported OSB1 script as a new product would have been beneficial to everyone including the customer, if you want me to expand on this I gladly will). On top of the financial dissatisfaction they would get penalized by you because they refuse to upgrade all their products for free. 

Customers will be dissatisfied because their scripts won't be working anymore even though you promised them they would.(most premium script writers won't update their scripts if there's no financial incentive, you can threaten us with demotions as much as you want, low move by the way) 

I'm not saying none of the script writers will update their scripts (matter of fact I ported 2 out of my 3 scripts already), but the ones getting one sale per week because they reached 99% of their target market just won't bother.

Your strategy is disappointing, I wish you would have discussed this with the community and script writers. There were numerous threads full of suggestions and questions in the script dev forum yet you chose to ignore those, I can't say I'm surprised about that.

I'm absolutely grateful and have a lot of respect for your work on the bot but the lack of communication and proper business management is seriously starting to irritate me.

Respectfully

What are you talking about? There will still be renewal fees on the ones that are transferred over. Unless you have a script that's a one time payment, then the users will have access to a free 30 day trial of one that is equivalent to its OSBot 1 predecessor. During this trial is the time to convince the user through the script to purchase it after the trial is over.

Please read the announcement and try and keep an open mind. Such a derogatory attitude is not needed.

False: 

(quote by Laz)

a859b3dd6ce5d1cb388066e41e373615.png

• Like 4

The OP was poorly worded, so I don't think anyone besides the developers even know what's going on, but in overall it seems that were going to have to rewrite our scripts for free. Even if they just get it for 30 days that's still a free month of access to our scripts and only like 5% of buyers actually renew a script.

Don't quote me if the topic doesn't even concern you. Just manage the forum big boy.

Edited by Swizzbeat
  • Like 4

The OP was poorly worded, so I don't think anyone besides the developers even know what's going on, but in overall it seems that were going to have to rewrite our scripts for free. Even if they just get it for 30 days that's still a free month of access to our scripts for free and only like 5% of buyers actually renew a script.

Don't quote me if the topic doesn't even concern you. Just manage the forum big boy.

The topic concerns everyone, so don't bring out your annoying sardonic attitude again.