Are trial mods considered staff?

RoomScape

He failed to make his final payment.

You have to serve as a fully-pledged staff member for a long period of time in order to receive that rank upon resignation/demotion.

'fully-pledged staff member' - does that, then, mean that Trial mods aren't really considered staff?

So a Trial mod can essentially get the Ex-Staff PiP?

'fully-pledged staff member' - does that, then, mean that Trial mods aren't really considered staff?

So a Trial mod can essentially get the Ex-Staff PiP?

Since when is a 'trial' of anything considered the 'full' version? 

A 'Trial-Moderator' is exactly what it describes, a test phase that will determine whether that member becomes a full member of staff or not.

They are considered staff, just without all of the permissions and rewards.

Why would someone who hadn't even passed a 'trial' be granted the same PiP as someone who has moderated on this website for almost a year, e.g. @Smart ?

• Like 1

Since when is a 'trial' of anything considered the 'full' version? 

A 'Trial-Moderator' is exactly what it describes, a test phase that will determine whether that member becomes a full member of staff or not.

They are considered staff, just without all of the permissions and rewards.

Why would someone who hadn't even passed a 'trial' be granted the same PiP as someone who has moderated on this website for almost a year, e.g. @Smart ?

If that's the case, why should someone such as @Gilgad who has been nothing more than global - as far as I'm aware - be the same as someone who's been Admin twice - @Raflesia?

If that's the case, why should someone such as @Gilgad who has been nothing more than global - as far as I'm aware - be the same as someone who's been Admin twice - @Raflesia?

@Gilgad was Global for a very long time and did a great job as one. He chose to resign and he served his time by fulfilling his job so why shouldn't he receive the rank?

9210k.png

• Like 2

@Gilgad's resignation is not only temporary, but he moderated for how many months.

@Raflesia is exactly the same, he moderated for months before he received the administrator rank.

Trial moderators have not shown the same dedication for the same or a longer period of time.

Let me contextualize this so you can understand.

That would be the same as offering all regular members the same perks as someone who has purchased sponsor.

The Ex-staff rank also entails free, unlimited, VIP for the person who has it.

Trials will not receive Ex-Staff PiPs.