Make it Harder to Have Premium SDN Scripts[Read]

Ricky

Local/free scripts should be unregulated except for security. Users who wish to buy a reliable script from professionals know to turn to the SDN. Having even the lacking, but still existent free/local scripts draws more general users to the website. As an example: a new User registers and downloads the bot to see what's up. He or she uses a free, simple bot, that performs okay. The User then purchases a more robust script once seeing that the bot and community itself is capable of providing real quality.

As for a premium law crafter losing sales to local/free scripts that also do laws -- make the premium script better. Simple as that. Add more functionality and reliability than the other and there's not a problem. A goldfarmer is going to buy the premium, better script, and non-goldfarmers most likely aren't going to buy VIP or a premium script anyways. Such light users, running a free script on one account, are irrelevant and any argument concerning them is invalid.

I do agree with OPs thoughts on SDN scripts, though.

Edited by TheSaint
  • Like 1

Having an SDN script is really easy, however having a premium one seems to be very easy as well. Although I may not be a scripter, I have seen many scripters make premium scripts, then leave right after with money in their pockets. This may leave customers without updated scripts, which leads to refunds. The purpose of the thread is to make the scripter rank harder to obtain. Right now, it is very easy. We should be harsher on this, sort of like another bot that starts with a t.

Some premium bots should not be allowed. For example, theres already what, 2 dedicated scripts to laws? There should be a max of lets say 3. We should also remove of free versions, for example a free law script that does everything the premium ones do. This will lower the profit gains of the paying users, while the free users are swimming in more money because their script is free. Local scripts should be monitered heavier, with the same control(free law crafter). 

It would be nice to see another SDN Manager too!

As long as it meets the standards, then it will be approved. OSBot has no reason to make it any tougher as long as the customers are somewhat satisfied. This maximizes profit for them.

Making it tougher to become premium and getting a scripter to stay active are somewhat irrelevant.

Removing quality free scripts, so premium scripts can gain is not something I approve. It is just unfair for everyone. Free users generate quite a bit for OSBot, too. I understand where you are going with this though.

Local scripts is similar to free speech.

@Raflesia was a SDN Manager; not sure if he still does it or not. @Zach helps out occasionally.

Removing free versions of premium scripts is a terrible idea and I really hope that it does not come down to that. This is because not all script writers have the intention to profit from their scripts - some simply want to provide the users with an excellent experience. However, I do agree that it should be harder to get a premium script. I browsed through the SDN now and I have noticed that there're a lot of scripts that can be made in less than 2 hours that are premium (Man killer, bar smelter, cooker, herb viewer, snape grass, feather pack buyer, cow killer, really....?)

Removing free versions of premium scripts is a terrible idea and I really hope that it does not come down to that. This is because not all script writers have the intention to profit from their scripts - some simply want to provide the users with an excellent experience.

You should keep in mind that the developers and maintainers of this bot do not care about people who don't make them profit. This bot was not created out of goodwill; it was created to make money. And money is what the devs make. That's why I pointed out that lesser versions of premium scripts attract users to the premium script. If a professional programmer actually came along and offered the best scripts for free, he'd be banned. Period. This site is a business. Let's not forget that and remain realistic in this discussion.