Make it Harder to Have Premium SDN Scripts[Read]

Ricky

Local scripts should be monitered heavier, with the same control(free law crafter). 

By monitoring local scripts do you mean, all local scripts even custom coded ones otherwise unavailable publicly? or looking for local scripts which are the same as the ones on the SDN just used locally to avoid being unable to use a script? If the latter then I agree however the former suggest someone has coded that script/paid for it to be made privately and why should their script be monitored/controlled when they created it?

Then what about a 'lite' mode from some of the premium scripts, like maybe they can only be ran for 1-2 hours, and once you pass certain stats, you have to purchase the full version?

I'm not sure what this would accomplish, free scripts for anything should be allowed. Sure, it may ruin some methods or scripter sales, but life is generally not fair.

I'm not sure what this would accomplish, free scripts for anything should be allowed. Sure, it make ruin some methods or scripter sales, but life is generally not fair.

Thats true, but some methods should actually be preserved and kept at a stable rate instead of being leeched to fuck and causing the paying users to receive less profit..

I tried fighting this battle already, didn't go very far. Do you know how many of "Johnny's Boot Buyer" or "Sammy's Cow Killer" I wanted to deny? Also a while back I proposed price ceilings and caps for scripts, which were denied by rambling 14 year olds who learned about their (American) Constitutional rights 3 hours ago in History class.

Local Scripts, yeah.. Not checking/managing them on that scale.

• Like 2

I tried fighting this battle already, didn't go very far. Do you know how many of "Johnny's Boot Buyer" or "Sammy's Cow Killer" I wanted to deny? Also a while back I proposed price ceilings and caps for scripts, which were denied by rambling 14 year olds who learned about their (American) Constitutional rights 3 hours ago in History class.

Local Scripts, yeah.. Not checking/managing them on that scale.

You have a point on local scripts.....Theres too many of the same scripts on the sdn :/

blast furnace please <3

Yep. We can keep on arguing for hours if you'd like. I like postcount

Okie. The reasons restricting the market makes me uneasy:

1. It makes the process of adding scripts more subjective than it already is
  2. Discourages competition
  3. Promotes monopolies
  4. Discourages the "new guy"

Of course if a perfect free script is released for a particular method it can completely destroy a market, which is what makes it unfortunate, but methods come and go, life goes on.

----------------------------------------

Reasons why a restricted market is seen as "good"

1. Established scripters make more money
  2. Gold farmers make more money
  3. Customer don't have to think

I personally don't think the three reasons above justify a switch to a restricted market.

Reasons why a restricted market is seen as "good"

1. Established scripters make more money
  2. Gold farmers make more money
  3. Customer don't have to think

I personally don't think the three reasons above justify a switch to a restricted market.

Although scripters like coding, isn't the main reason why most of us are here is for money...? Thats just my opinion tho

Although scripters like coding, isn't the main reason why most of us are here is for money...? Thats just my opinion tho

No, I'm not here mostly for money it's just a byproduct of something I enjoy, which is of course quite nice. For example, my new scripts are 100% free. Most people may be here for money, but even then, I don't think that changes the issue at hand.

No, I'm not here mostly for money it's just a byproduct of something I enjoy, which is of course quite nice. For example, my new scripts are 100% free. Most people may be here for money, but even then, I don't think that changes the issue at hand.

Then this is what separates us </3