Very Unreliable Scripters

Beefrod

I am getting very fed up with the quality of the work that many of the scripters on this site put out. I literally have read multiple scripters state that if people want consistent updating in their paid scripts, that there will be a monthly subscription. What the fuck? No, that's completely wrong structuring. If we are paying money AT ALL for a script, we should be guaranteed that it will be functional no more than 48 hours after each client update. I currently have 6 paid scripts that I cannot even use, and have not been able to use for quite some time, and that is absolutely fucking ridiculous. The point of paying for a script in the first place is being reassured by the staff of this website that the scripter who put it out, is reliable and is going to give you a quality product. I am getting absolute shit as far as quality out of my paid scripts, and often am able to find a BETTER temporary replacement in the free scripts. Do something about your scripters for fucks sake.

• Like 13

If you have issues with your scripts then clearly your not choosing the correct scripts to purchase. MANY of the scripters on the SDN are extremely active whereas SOME don't bother unless its once in a while... As much as i agree with the fact it is wrong to not receive support after u purchase, i also think you hold the responsibility in choosing the correct script which comes with the support. So really i don't see it anyone's fault but your own. 

If we are paying money AT ALL for a script, we should be guaranteed that it will be functional no more than 48 hours after each client update.

I don't agree, maybe they should guarantee 4 weeks of functionality after you buy it (I'm talking about one-time payment scripts here), and if they fail to keep that promise a refund could be considered .

Unless the script says lifetime support of course.

Don't underestimate the time scripters invest in their work, and don't overestimate the money they make from it either.

Edited by Botrepreneur
  • Like 2

When I get hit by a bus, die and cannot update my scripts, I will be sure to remember this.

XD <3 Swizz

You better keep updating those scripts in the afterlife. We're holding you responsible.

But seriously though, if you're buying a one time purchase premium script, you're taking the risk. You can't force any scripter to update their scripts, nor can the OSBot administration.

• Like 1

That is 100% false, I know plenty of * scripters that left. Saying "lifetime" is completely retarded as well because I for one know for a fact when I'm 40 years old I'm not going to come on my computer and update scripts I made 20 years ago...

lifeteam is of the script not the script writer. If I were to put a lifetime script up today and 100 people bought then I removed it yesterday I would have done nothing wrong and wouldn't have had to give refunds because those 100 people had the script for its lifetime.

• Like 2

I am on board with what you're saying completely. OSBot is a complete joke. I know nothing about the developers of the client other than the fact that they can't meet their own deadlines, can't make an application that is of professional grade (not to mention the client looks like someone in a high school programming class made it), and to top it off the api is laughable at best and poorly documented.

Here, just take a look at what OSBot's script manager has to say about their own premium scripters.

S31kipJ.png

Vl2VQxb.png

7lXm7YF.png

vouch

• Like 1

lifeteam is of the script not the script writer. If I were to put a lifetime script up today and 100 people bought then I removed it yesterday I would have done nothing wrong and wouldn't have had to give refunds because those 100 people had the script for its lifetime.

Other than the fact that by removing a lifetime script you are required to either A. make it free and keep supporting it as a you would a premium script or B. release the source code. Failure to do either of those will result in your ability to sell scripts being removed as well as your source code being released automatically.

Edited by Assume

Swizz I'm actually thankful that you were one of the scripters to comment on this because you are one I've got an enormous amount of faith in. But you as an example give me a great point of contrast, I have two scripts from Swizz that are updated consistently and always working. On the contrary, I have single scripts from many other scripters that are never updated. And I don't see how I can be held responsible for buying a script when it's getting very good feedback in its forum, and then 3 days later ceases to have support. If anything, I would just like to see premium scripts actually having to be updated in reasonable time frames, otherwise why are they even premium? Toph slayer is one I'm waiting on to break because it doesn't have support and, while still working somewhat, has a ton of broken functions.