Forum rank rework

Nezz

Dude you got way too much ePen. Who gives a shit about a colour on a damn forum. The time I've spent here, I've always been supportive and was here when OSBot was still building up to even release a public version of the client. Helping out any way I could whether it be lending accounts for random event support or for scripters to write the very first scripts on OSBot. You were here enjoying the end-product so your point is very much invalid, I might have been away but I was there when I was needed and never asked anything in return and never will ask anything in return because the whole team has always been very genuine with me.

Maldesto or any other admin, if you read this. Please remove my veteran rank

I don't have any need to show-off or identify myself on this forum as it's not in my interest to do so, I know who I am and can proudly say I helped as much as I could.

So please, stop being a brat over a coloured name, you sound like a twelve year old. I'm saying this as a friend

I think the difference between us is that you view this as a forum, and I view this as a business.

And what is happening is that SDN Scripters are getting denied something that everyone else of importance gets.

You're right about one thing, my reaction to all of it has not been prime. But that doesn't make my point any less valid.

During the "Demote Maldesto" phase, one of the big things was "Staff doesn't listen to the community."

So Raf was promoted.

Every suggestion I've made so far has been ridiculed, shot down, and not even considered by staff.

As a forum, I can understand this.

But as a business, I can not.

If adding a color is that difficult, then don't add the colors. I still believe the ranks should be changed, and other colors should be removed.

If SDN scripters get a color on their name, I want a rainbow name.

I've said this 7383837 times, work for OSD, & then you'll get a color.

I'm tired of the constant excuse "i make osbot money", because osbot makes you money as well, so...

I have applied for OSD, the application system is not a system. If you're going to use that as an excuse, make it a real thing.

I'm tired of the constant excuse of "It's too hard to add color." "There's too many colors already." "It's too easy to get SDN scripter"

1. It's the same as adding any other benefit SDN scripter has (which it has a lot)

2. That's why I'm saying remove colors.

3. Add shitty flax picker->Get SDN Scripter->Get unlimited tabs, no ads, access to VIP/sponsor/donor forums, access to script dev forums

You literally give VIP away for free when someone puts up a free SDN script.

No, the colour should stay as well. If it must, the requirements of Veteran should be a join date before September being active on OSBot all throughout the months and helpful rather than just April.

Please explain why you think Veteran should exist and have a color, but SDN scripter should not.

I think the difference between us is that you view this as a forum, and I view this as a business.

And what is happening is that SDN Scripters are getting denied something that everyone else of importance gets.

You're right about one thing, my reaction to all of it has not been prime. But that doesn't make my point any less valid.

During the "Demote Maldesto" phase, one of the big things was "Staff doesn't listen to the community."

So Raf was promoted.

Every suggestion I've made so far has been ridiculed, shot down, and not even considered by staff.

If adding a color is that difficult, then don't add the colors. I still believe the ranks should be changed, and other colors should be removed.

I have applied for OSD, the application system is not a system. If you're going to use that as an excuse, make it a real thing.

I'm tired of the constant excuse of "It's too hard to add color." "There's too many colors already." "It's too easy to get SDN scripter"

1. It's the same as adding any other benefit SDN scripter has (which it has a lot)

2. That's why I'm saying remove colors.

3. Add shitty flax picker->Get SDN Scripter->Get unlimited tabs, no ads, access to VIP/sponsor/donor forums, access to script dev forums

You literally give VIP away for free when someone puts up a free SDN script.

Please explain why you think Veteran should exist and have a color, but SDN scripter should not.

Because SDN scripter is far too easy to get. Decent flax picker or a simple script, and you get the rank. Anyone can get it. Veteran is earned overtime which is shown by your dedication to OSBot. Not many people stick around communities for too long so it shows commitment. Something that I feel should be recognized. Plus is shows a bit of experience around the place.

• Like 1

So Raf was promoted.

Unless you make a solid stable income enough to be considered it a full-time job in relation to where you live then you really shouldn't look at this forum as a business.

If this was a proper business we'd have contracts per scripter and a seperate contract per script being sold as a copyrighted product but none of that happens.

Also have a colour on your name won't increase your sales. Your script quality will. Look at how many SDN scripters who have their scripts on top of a bunch of other scripts that are from OSDs

Your suggestion isn't being ridiculed but the staff cannot say yes to every single idea that's thrown at them as that will kill the point of even having a staff team in the first place and something small like this that won't make a difference except adding more damn colours in the forum.

This isn't your job. This is a hobby and you so happen to make some money from it. Also ranks are fine as they are which seems to be the general answer we're receiving from the community so once again. There's no need to change any ranks. If you feel inadequate with your current rank, work hard and get OSD and be proud of it

Unless you make a solid stable income enough to be considered it a full-time job in relation to where you live then you really shouldn't look at this forum as a business.

If this was a proper business we'd have contracts per scripter and a seperate contract per script being sold as a copyrighted product but none of that happens.

Also have a colour on your name won't increase your sales. Your script quality will. Look at how many SDN scripters who have their scripts on top of a bunch of other scripts that are from OSDs

Your suggestion isn't being ridiculed but the staff cannot say yes to every single idea that's thrown at them as that will kill the point of even having a staff team in the first place and something small like this that won't make a difference except adding more damn colours in the forum.

This isn't your job. This is a hobby and you so happen to make some money from it. Also ranks are fine as they are which seems to be the general answer we're receiving from the community so once again. There's no need to change any ranks. If you feel inadequate with your current rank, work hard and get OSD and be proud of it

It makes me enough to consider it a part time job. More so once I get more scripts on the SDN, I imagine.

Stop with this "work hard and get OSD" shit. All you can do is throw an application in the forums and hope Alek looks at it within the next month. I have put my application in. That's all I can do. Alek has told me several times "I'll look at them tonight." but then doesn't. If OSD is your reason why to not change things, then let's make OSD a real thing.

On that note, OSD doesn't give any benefits. Which is another reason why we should change Scripter ranks.

Because SDN scripter is far too easy to get. Decent flax picker or a simple script, and you get the rank. Anyone can get it. Veteran is earned overtime which is shown by your dedication to OSBot. Not many people stick around communities for too long so it shows commitment. Something that I feel should be recognized. Plus is shows a bit of experience around the place.

Reread my post.

The fact that it's so easy to get is why I think scripter rank should be changed.

Sigh.. You've applied on 7th of March. It has been one week and you're already bitching cause Alek hasn't checked it. I don't see @FrostBug posting 3 thread a day regarding this cause his script are making him just as much money as any OSD would make if not much more. (Frostbug applied on 28th of February by the way.)

I said OSD should be an incentive. Don't look at everything as 'I get nothing from it so it's not worth it'. You're just a moneygrab. OSD might not give direct benefit but it's good to know your knowledge and talent is being recognised, all of that on a botting forum

Sorry but my opinion of you has changed completely, you're a stubborn child who wants things his way or no way. If so then continue debating on your own as this whole thread is not worth my time.

Edited by Booch

• 2 months later...