[March] Staff Feedback

Maldesto

I disagree with your first point. I'd rather have mods that just screw around then some uptight that give warning points for every little thing. 99% of the people here are for the client and not the forums. We could be the rudest, most inconsiderate assholes on the forums but it wouldn't matter because when it comes down to it people are here for the client and scripts.

I do however agree with your second point that people are being promoted to quickly. First of all, the current staff team is mostly composed of people that got up and left for another client just because "OSBot sucked and was going down the drain" and once they realized they were wrong came back over here. Yeah, that's what we want. A bunch of followers in the staff. The only legit ones in my eyes at the moment are @Jordan, @Gilgad and @Maldesto (despite himself admitting he's scammed in the past. History repeats itself but oh well). Second, I find it pathetic how people get promoted just based on the fact that they were friends of the current staff team or have held staff positions on sites in the past. A monkey could post on threads with random responses like "nice job" or "welcome to the site". That proves nothing. Oh, and where's Lysanias guys?

Lastly, I think it would be more beneficial to have people experienced with Java (such as @Pain, @Eliot, @Cinnamon and don't even think this is me asking for a staff spot because after more thought I would never join). Half the "useful posts" staff members make are completely retarded for the issue the user is experiencing. It may look like their helping but anyone who even knows what a stack trace is could tell you their input is void.

I understand all of your points you've made and hope that I can prove myself as not being a follower. Thank you for the feedback.

• Administrator

I do however agree with your second point that people are being promoted to quickly. First of all, the current staff team is mostly composed of people that got up and left for another client just because "OSBot sucked and was going down the drain" and once they realized they were wrong came back over here. Yeah, that's what we want. A bunch of followers in the staff. The only legit ones in my eyes at the moment are @Jordan, @Gilgad and @Maldesto (despite himself admitting he's scammed in the past. History repeats itself but oh well). Second, I find it pathetic how people get promoted just based on the fact that they were friends of the current staff team or have held staff positions on sites in the past. A monkey could post on threads with random responses like "nice job" or "welcome to the site". That proves nothing. Oh, and where's Lysanias guys?

Lastly, I think it would be more beneficial to have people experienced with Java (such as @Pain, @Eliot, @Cinnamon.

You forget that Goldengates also left for the other client donated over there and realized it was junk and came back. Eliot and Cinnamon aren't denied yet, if you asked them they could tell you.

People make mistakes why should we punish them forever for it? 

Trust me it isn't about friends, i make the promotions and i ask for their vote of course, but in the end it comes down to me. I want the best staff team whether the others think it is a good idea or not. Just because they left doesn't mean they still aren't the best, they came back and I went to them.

Lets look at your friend theory

Jordan- We didn't like each other at all

Mikasa- I made a post asking for his demotion when he was global mod

Raflesia- He denied me for mod for months

Smart- I suggested him for mod to Kati and Raflesia before I got demoted.

Gilgad- Someone we had our eye on for over 1 month before we promoted him

Sherlock- A very great moderator and very great Chat Box Assistant, has the knowledge to handle a lot of things, I was never friends with him, nor did i ever speak to him other than recently.

Arctic- A very trusted user, that has previous experience on another site that hasn't been here that long, but shows the dedication it takes to become a great moderator

Solstice- I used to mod with him back in the day when we were both very young, and we did reports faster than anyone and handled everything appropriately. Yes mistakes happened and we both lost our rank, but we are back better than ever.

As soon as Laz told me he was promoting me to admin to get a staff team together the first thing i did was UNBLOCK jordan from skype and ask him if he was staying at osbot because i needed him on my staff team. 

We have over 3,000 people on per 24 hours, we have less than 10 mods, I don't want to be one of those forums like PB and the admin replies this to me when I ask him when my report(of a post) would be taken care of. "It will be taken care of in less than 24 hours."... It takes literally 30 seconds to handle a reported post, I don't want someone to have to make a thread asking why their report wasn't handled.

• Like 4

Member: Maldesto

Feedback on activity: Very active nice friend, can be tough when needed

Abusive or Non Abusive?: Not abusive just tough when needed

What could Maldesto improve on?: Nothing really just all round good

Does Maldesto handle situations well?: Yeah he puts things in perspective well

Anything else?: Maldesto be awesome

Now that this issue was brought up I feel slightly more comfortable talking about it as I hardly have any relationship with the staff and can post a more in-depth/general idea of what I think of the staff team.

If I had to sum it up in a word the staff team is.. okay. I admire more professionalism other than friendliness in a moderator as I see you all in the end of the day as a staff member, you're there to aid the community in a professional, clear, unbiased manner and honestly.. I hardly EVER see those traits shine in most mods.

Please don't take me wrong, I really do enjoy most of the team as they're outgoing and great people whether in public or personal conversations. However the fact that when addressing a particular situation to a specific person  judging whether they're doing something wrong or not and not even bothering using punctuation(And many other things, just using this as an example) is beyond me.. I always say that if I want to be taken seriously, I have to be serious and assertive at the RIGHT TIME.

Like Swizz said we don't want moderators who are 24/7 on the watch and only scan out people to cut off the member's list and deny threads We want fun interactive members however most of the team is either too friendly/unprofessional or too serious/cold at the wrong time..

If I have to be straight up honest, the only moderators I deem worthy of their spot are @Smart & @Gilgad as they know when to be who..Please don't take it as a "I don't like you." to the face. With ME, ALL the staff is great and I appreciate your help throughout the days I'm with you guys. However I'm giving my general input on how staff act with others in the community and this is my input

Thank you for all of the constructive criticism. 

I'll do my best to prove to you guys that I'm not just another "Lysanias". My goal isn't perfection, as that is clearly impossible for anybody, but I always try to take your guys' feedback and turn it in to something positive (self-improvement).

I'm just a trial mod, but that doesn't mean I can't do my best to provide a authoritative, yet fun-filled environment. 

• Like 2

Feedback on activity: Very active, responds quickly, good all round, (basically just meets expectations)

Abusive or Non Abusive?: Non abusive but, I can see a few situations which are biased in my view.

What could Maldesto improve on?: Not too sure (maybe this means i think he is perfect)

Does Maldesto handle situations well?: Yes, but as stated before, he can be biased based on his own opinion.

Anything else?:

Member: Alek

Feedback on activity: Don't know this guy at all, can't comment on him at all.

Abusive or Non Abusive?:

What could Alek improve on?:

Does Alek handle situations well?:

Anything else?: maybe i should see more of you on here, coincidence that i don't maybe.

Member: Jordan

Feedback on activity: Very active, punctual, and reasonable.

Abusive or Non Abusive?: Non abusive

What could Jordan improve on?: nothing in all honesty

Does Jordan handle situations well?: Yes

Anything else?: 

Member: Mikasa

Feedback on activity: Very active, like Jordan 

What could Mikasa improve on?: Nothing

Does Mikasa handle situations well?: Yes

Anything else?: 

Member: Smart

Feedback on activity: Very active

What could Smart improve on?: Not much

Does Smart handle situations well?: yes

Anything else?:

Member: Gilgad

Feedback on activity: I assume he's active, don't see much of him though

Abusive or Non Abusive?: Can't say

What could Gilgad improve on?: Can't say

Does Gilgad handle situations well?: Can't say

Anything else?:

Member: Raflesia

Feedback on activity: Looks active

What could Raflesia improve on?: Nothing really

Does Raflesia handle situations well?: Haven't seen a situation witohut a reasoned resolvement, so yes.

Anything else?:

Member: Sherlock

Feedback on activity: Haven't seen him aorund the forums so can't comment on anything

Abusive or Non Abusive?:

What could Sherlock improve on?:

Does Sherlock handle situations well?:

Anything else?:

Member: Arctic

Abusive or Non Abusive?: Non abusive (unless in spam :P)

What could Arctic improve on?: Nothing

Does Arctic handle situations well?: Yes

Anything else?:

Member: Solstice

What could Solstice improve on?: Nothing, very reasonable and likes to explain why

Does Solstice handle situations well?: Yes

Anything else?:

• Like 2

I'm glad to see the input of users and I implore others to speak up as we do not take any of this negatively, but only attempt to use it to improve our skills as working staff.

One thing I do need to mention though is that all of the current staff are definitely not here to bludge their way around. @Smart is fantastic and for sure is the best suited for Super Moderator at this time, no doubt about it in my mind. @Mikasa is also well suited for Super Moderator, (Mikasa went Super Mod before Smart came back). During this time when @Jordan and @Mikasa were the only Super Mods, @Mikasa's input to the forums was excellent. He spends so much time online browsing the forum, volunteering and does an amazing job.

is definitely superb and I'm not really sure why he's not Global Moderator already, in our private chat he is ALWAYS asking on things he can improve on and whether he is doing things correctly, he definitely takes his job seriously.

@Arctic is also the same. He reminds me of me, always asking whether he did things correctly (Which he usually does) and i'm positive will turn out to be a great moderator.

All it takes is a bit of time, I assure you, these blokes are for sure best suited for their roles. We all need a little bit more faith in the Staff team as well as @Maldesto's decisions.

However continue with the input, it's wonderful to see that the community cares! :)

• Like 2

You forget that Goldengates also left for the other client donated over there and realized it was junk and came back. Eliot and Cinnamon aren't denied yet, if you asked them they could tell you.

Trust me it isn't about friends, i make the promotions and i ask for their vote of course, but in the end it comes down to me. I want the best staff team whether the others think it is a good idea or not. Just because they left doesn't mean they still aren't the best, they came back and I went to them.

Lets look at your friend theory

Jordan- We didn't like each other at all

Mikasa- I made a post asking for his demotion when he was global mod

Raflesia- He denied me for mod for months

Smart- I suggested him for mod to Kati and Raflesia before I got demoted.

Gilgad- Someone we had our eye on for over 1 month before we promoted him

Sherlock- A very great moderator and very great Chat Box Assistant, has the knowledge to handle a lot of things, I was never friends with him, nor did i ever speak to him other than recently.

Arctic- A very trusted user, that has previous experience on another site that hasn't been here that long, but shows the dedication it takes to become a great moderator

Solstice- I used to mod with him back in the day when we were both very young, and we did reports faster than anyone and handled everything appropriately. Yes mistakes happened and we both lost our rank, but we are back better than ever.

As soon as Laz told me he was promoting me to admin to get a staff team together the first thing i did was UNBLOCK jordan from skype and ask him if he was staying at osbot because i needed him on my staff team. 

We have over 3,000 people on per 24 hours, we have less than 10 mods, I don't want to be one of those forums like PB and the admin replies this to me when I ask him when my report(of a post) would be taken care of. "It will be taken care of in less than 24 hours."... It takes literally 30 seconds to handle a reported post, I don't want someone to have to make a thread asking why their report wasn't handled.

I see, like I said this is just my opinion on things. It's nice to know a lot of hard work and thought went into the current team. We all appreciate the effort.

@Staff please don't take anything I say personally. You all do a great job in your own way, however these are just my two cents. This isn't a personal judgement but more of an opinionated view on things.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I see, like I said this is just my opinion on things. It's nice to know a lot of hard work and thought went into the current team. We all appreciate the effort.

@Staff please don't take anything I say personally. You all do a great job in your own way, however these are just my two cents. This isn't a personal judgement but more of an opinionated view on things.

No problem mate, understandable, you aren't in the staff chat or behind the scenes, which leaves 99% of the community out, which we will address eventually.

• Like 3

And now that we've all expressed and cried out our emotions to eachother to finally realise that we're not perfect but instead fell in love with eachother's imperfections, let's have a nice big family hug..

EDIT: Whoever posts 'Hah gay!' on this is getting a bullet between his eyes

Edited by Booch
  • Like 3

• Administrator

And now that we've all expressed and cried out our emotions to eachother to finally realise that we're not perfect but instead fell in love with eachother's imperfections, let's have a nice big family hug..

EDIT: Whoever posts 'Hah gay!' on this is getting a bullet between his eyes

So touching until threatened murder upon a member.

Senor-Chang.gif

I am a great admin therefore I will take the bullet for my community.

• Like 1

Feedback on activity: Active!

Abusive or Non Abusive?: Non

What could Maldesto improve on?: 100 post counts!!

Does Maldesto handle situations well?: Yes very good

Anything else?:

Member: Alek

Feedback on activity: Active 

Abusive or Non Abusive?: Non

What could Alek improve on?: He is doing a good job

Does Alek handle situations well?: Yes great

Anything else?:

Member: Jordan

Feedback on activity: Im sure hes active

Abusive or Non Abusive?: non

What could Jordan improve on?: not sure

Does Jordan handle situations well?: Yes

Anything else?:

Member: Mikasa

Feedback on activity: active

What could Mikasa improve on?: not sure

Does Mikasa handle situations well?: yea sure does !

Anything else?:

Member: Smart

Feedback on activity: yea hes active

What could Smart improve on?:

Does Smart handle situations well?: yea :)

Anything else?:

Member: Gilgad

What could Gilgad improve on?: 

Does Gilgad handle situations well?: indeed

Anything else?:

Member: Raflesia

What could Raflesia improve on?: i thought he was an admin, im slightly confused

Does Raflesia handle situations well?: yea

Anything else?:

Member: Sherlock

What could Sherlock improve on?:

Does Sherlock handle situations well?: yes

Anything else?:

Member: Arctic

What could Arctic improve on?:

Does Arctic handle situations well?: he is doing a good job !

Anything else?:

Member: Solstice

Abusive or Non Abusive?:non

What could Solstice improve on?:

Does Solstice handle situations well?: also doing a good job !

Anything else?:

Now that this issue was brought up I feel slightly more comfortable talking about it as I hardly have any relationship with the staff and can post a more in-depth/general idea of what I think of the staff team.

If I had to sum it up in a word the staff team is.. okay. I admire more professionalism other than friendliness in a moderator as I see you all in the end of the day as a staff member, you're there to aid the community in a professional, clear, unbiased manner and honestly.. I hardly EVER see those traits shine in most mods.

Please don't take me wrong, I really do enjoy most of the team as they're outgoing and great people whether in public or personal conversations. However the fact that when addressing a particular situation to a specific person  judging whether they're doing something wrong or not and not even bothering using punctuation(And many other things, just using this as an example) is beyond me.. I always say that if I want to be taken seriously, I have to be serious and assertive at the RIGHT TIME.

Like Swizz said we don't want moderators who are 24/7 on the watch and only scan out people to cut off the member's list and deny threads We want fun interactive members however most of the team is either too friendly/unprofessional or too serious/cold at the wrong time..

If I have to be straight up honest, the only moderators I deem worthy of their spot are @Smart & @Gilgad as they know when to be who..Please don't take it as a "I don't like you." to the face. With ME, ALL the staff is great and I appreciate your help throughout the days I'm with you guys. However I'm giving my general input on how staff act with others in the community and this is my input

I agree on parts of needing to be more professional.

I've been online for far too long, so I try to have fun at points now, but that usually only stays in the spam section.

I try to be professional when handling issues, which you can see from the help sections of the forum + private messages.

I'll work on improving it though.

• Like 1

Ain't nobody got time fo dat! Everyone is doing an excellente job.

@Maldesto you are doing a good job, I don't have anything negative to say about you. I'm just un-clear to this day about TWC set requirements.

@Smart Really active and helpful guy, I'd say the most active moderator atm.

EXACTLY MALDESTO!!!!!