What exactly does "Low CPU Mode" do?

gang6000

8 hours ago, gang6000 said:

My title is my question, I tend to use this option a lot and just curious what the benefits and negatives are.

Thank you so much 😀

7 hours ago, Czar said:

Well for mirror mode I believe it doesn't do anything, and for stealth it turns off rendering (black screen), I could be wrong tho :doge: 

That would be disable rendering Czar. Low CPU mode reduces the FPS to 17 or 20, I don't remember which. Only works on Injection as Czar said. Advantage is lower CPU usage, disadvantage is most scripts and mostly the default interaction API behavior doesn't really work well on lower FPS, mainly noticeable at the lower FPS of 3-5. But since Low CPU mode doesn't lower it that low, you'll probably see a few more miss click/failed interactions. Great for afkish tasks, situational in activities like combat.

8 hours ago, Gunman said:

That would be disable rendering Czar. Low CPU mode reduces the FPS to 17 or 20, I don't remember which. Only works on Injection as Czar said. Advantage is lower CPU usage, disadvantage is most scripts and mostly the default interaction API behavior doesn't really work well on lower FPS, mainly noticeable at the lower FPS of 3-5. But since Low CPU mode doesn't lower it that low, you'll probably see a few more miss click/failed interactions. Great for afkish tasks, situational in activities like combat.

Nice I guess we all learned something new today :doge: 

On 8/5/2022 at 9:45 AM, Gunman said:

Thank you sir. I appreciate the explanation. I've had it ticked on for Mirrormode and I never noticed any CPU differences. 

Hopefully something similar can be implemented into Mirror. 

Thanks 😊 

2 hours ago, gang6000 said:

Ooo, would this slow down CPU usage on Mirrormode?
Awesome! :)

Yes, only on the mirror client it self thought, not the client it is mirroring.

There's also CLI parameters for the sliders
- Added '-mfps X' and '-mreactiontime Y' cli arguments to set mirror mode configuration variables.