Could new mouse have gotten me banned?

of Guthix

Just shooting the crap here but just a few moments ago my account was banned for macroing. The account was made 5 years ago but was only botted on over the last few weeks. Only premium scripts were used, breaking after every hour or so and only botted 6-8hrs a day. From time to time I would allow for a day or two of downtime.

All prior botting had been standard mirror mode. Tonight after using one of the same scripts I had always used I decided to try out new mouse. Within 15 minutes I was banned. 

Could it have been this switch or was it more likely to be a delayed ban? Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Kramnik said:

My guess would be that this is most likely a delay ban. But on other hand the situation could get you banned. If you botted with one mouse algo and Jagex didnt thought you are botting and then out of nowhere your mouse movement changes they could start assume that you were not botting but now you are.

This was my logic also. I guess we'll never know for sure.

16 hours ago, of Guthix said:

Tonight after using one of the same scripts I had always used I decided to try out new mouse. Within 15 minutes I was banned. 

Could it have been this switch or was it more likely to be a delayed ban? Thoughts?

No, to trigger instant bans you would need to do some code related stuff. And normally from what I've seen they roll bans out during certain time frames of the day whether they're automated or manual.

TL;DR - No it was from previous botting.

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I saw you said that you botted for an hour before breaks.

The amount of time you bot and the activity you are doing could be it.

When it comes to skilling, I would always bot for short times and run long breaks. 

Yes, you lose out on EXP buuuut your account ends up having a less ban risk.

I did this on 15 accounts, Running everyday for around 8 hours total with loooots of breaks ( Not a single ban) 

I also did not bot heavy botted areas.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, colony98787 said:

When it comes to skilling, I would always bot for short times and run long breaks. 

I did this on 15 accounts, Running everyday for around 8 hours total with loooots of breaks ( Not a single ban) 

Huge +1 on using a stable ip If trying to get anywhere

On 5/24/2022 at 12:27 PM, colony98787 said:

What exactly is a stable ip?

2 hours ago, RsHustle said:

What exactly is a stable ip?

I assume they're referring to an IP address that doesn't change, AKA a static IP address. Depending on your ISP and where you live, your IP address can generally change every now and then since IPv4 can only hold about 4B different devices at a time (there are over 7B ppl in the world and we have started to gradually adopt IPv6 which fixes this issue, but that's not the point here). Although I'm not personally sure why that would be helpful against bot detection. Somebody can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong