Jump to content
Coin4Coin

Vaccine

Recommended Posts

Y’all’s opinion on the covax? 
 

Is all the online negative reaction articles propaganda? Is the vaccine safe for not being tested?
 

Is the the 95+% survival rate for a certain age bracket realistic or also false propaganda so nobody loses their minds? 
 

Why is the CDC not reporting on Influenza stats? 
 

lmao so many questions and no real answers...

Something to be said for living in the “Golden Age” of technology and information, and yet being so misinformed and/or uniformed. 🧐

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's myth that it's not tested etc. It's SARS virus, not that they had to make vaccine from zero. Side effects normal, every single drug has side effect just now that there is a decent sample for everyone to feel it since some side effect are as rare as 1 in 100,000. A lot of people use this pandemic situation to spread BS to gain popularity and a lot of not very intelligent people believe them since that gives excitement to their life. If you are lower class citizen ofc you will believe that corona is fake, government is fking everyone (in this case every single government) and that's why their life sucks and not of what they do themselves. I see pandemic of stupid people coming up in these times who has no critical thinking and fact checking skills :D 

  • Heart 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I saw on LinkedIn:

 

5 reasons why the covid vaccine is ready in record time

1. This is NOT new technology, it has been researched for decades. The mRNA (e.g. Pfizer's) vaccine technology is used to treat some cancers, they've just changed it so it codes the covid spike protein.


2. The reason there isn't currently a licenced mRNA vaccine is down to the lack of a large scale medical need and therefore lack of interest to spend the vast quantity of money required to do it


3. The incomprehensible funding that's been pumped into producing a vaccine has meant that huge numbers of scientists have been working on this from around the world. Money = staff, equipment, resources, speed in research and in vaccine volunteer recruitment.


4. The vaccine has had no major issues in phase 1, 2 & 3 (some fatigue and headaches). Clinical trials are not performed by the companies that have made the vaccine. They are independent and regulated to ensure impartiality.


5. The sheer scale of the clinical trial meant the necessary efficacy and safety data was gained quickly. Usually trials have far fewer volunteers and lower disease prevalence so it takes much longer to gain enough positive cases within the placebo group and enough data about how the test group have felt after the vaccine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kramnik said:

It's myth that it's not tested etc. It's SARS virus, not that they had to make vaccine from zero. Side effects normal, every single drug has side effect just now that there is a decent sample for everyone to feel it since some side effect are as rare as 1 in 100,000. A lot of people use this pandemic situation to spread BS to gain popularity and a lot of not very intelligent people believe them since that gives excitement to their life. If you are lower class citizen ofc you will believe that corona is fake, government is fking everyone (in this case every single government) and that's why their life sucks and not of what they do themselves. I see pandemic of stupid people coming up in these times who has no critical thinking and fact checking skills :D 

I think social media as a whole has stripped people of critical thinking skills and the ability to fact-check and verify information they digest. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Coin4Coin said:

I think social media as a whole has stripped people of critical thinking skills and the ability to fact-check and verify information they digest. 

I think the main issue here probably is that smartphones are so easy to use and they can access it just by clicking icon on their phone and start their journey eventhough they have zero knowledge of IT and world. I know cases where people use facebook, but doesn't know things like photoshop exist and are so easy to use. So if they see the picture/video/article it must be 100% true since you must be a proffesional to create anything fake :D 

Edited by Kramnik
  • Boge 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coin4Coin said:

I think social media as a whole has stripped people of critical thinking skills and the ability to fact-check and verify information they digest. 

Social Media companies are to blame, imo. When people are spoon fed content that some algorithm determines they might like, non stop whenever they are on it, then its only a matter of time before people believe what they are reading. 

My brother is a victim of it. He went from a rational person to a person who is shouting conspiracy theories. It's crazy.

  • Heart 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mank said:

Social Media companies are to blame, imo. When people are spoon fed content that some algorithm determines they might like, non stop whenever they are on it, then its only a matter of time before people believe what they are reading. 

My brother is a victim of it. He went from a rational person to a person who is shouting conspiracy theories. It's crazy.

But having algorithms help rational people not to see conspiracy BS on their feed :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kramnik said:

But having algorithms help rational people not to see conspiracy BS on their feed :D 

I think it’s a slippery slope where all other opinions are censored/removed and over time only one perspective is available.

 

Without a dialogue and competing ideas, there is no growth and we as a species have stagnated.
 

The rise of technology has both enlightened us and doomed us.

2 hours ago, vendicci said:

You can only get covid from getting bitten by someone who has it and,
no one is going to bite me so NO I wont get the vaccine.

Zombies 2021. I’m all for it! 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...