240GB SSD or 480GB SSD?

DoubleD

Hello guys,

I am not a computer expert. However, I am looking in upgrading my dedicated server, especially CPU.

In the decision I have to choose whether I go for  240GB SSD or 480GB SSD.

I am not sure if the GB SSD has an influence on the performance of the bots, hopefully something can tell me?

For information: I am running around 30 bots each using around 300 mb per client.

Thanks in advance!

image.jpeg

^ Exactly what this guy said. Other than that storage isn't necessary unless you plan on having a lot of files on the server, games or whatever. For runescape botting only you could probably even get away with just a standard HDD. It's a cheaper alternate. Currently I have an M2 SSD, a 480GB SSD, 240GB SSD & a 1TB HDD I don't even use all the storage on them but it's handy to have. Definitely overkill but I got 2 as freebies so can't really complain.

22 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Hello guys,

I am not a computer expert. However, I am looking in upgrading my dedicated server, especially CPU.

In the decision I have to choose whether I go for  240GB SSD or 480GB SSD.

I am not sure if the GB SSD has an influence on the performance of the bots, hopefully something can tell me?

For information: I am running around 30 bots each using around 300 mb per client.

Thanks in advance!

image.jpeg

I know you said for botting which if it's the case and you do want faster load times then get the 240GB SSD other wise HDD is the way to go.

But if you want this for your personal rig I would recommend a min 240GB SSD for BOOT ONLY. And a 500GB SSD if it's a little more than boot only. 1TB+ is more than enough for games.

And if you are looking to upgrade your cpu I recommend waiting for the new amd cpus to drop. They got 8/16, 12/24, 16/32 (core/thread) cpus on amd coming out that are really good for gaming and multi processing tasks like video editing and such. They out perform intel in gaming by like 1-3% so you will only gain and not lose anything really.

Also the price range is like 16 core $750 USD and the 12 core $500 USD(this one performs like 2% better in gaming and editing like tasks than intel's i7-9700k and 9900K) with they 8's being like $300.

Probably more info than you were asking but I guess it's better than not enough.

57 minutes ago, Gunman said:

I know you said for botting which if it's the case and you do want faster load times then get the 240GB SSD other wise HDD is the way to go.

But if you want this for your personal rig I would recommend a min 240GB SSD for BOOT ONLY. And a 500GB SSD if it's a little more than boot only. 1TB+ is more than enough for games.

And if you are looking to upgrade your cpu I recommend waiting for the new amd cpus to drop. They got 8/16, 12/24, 16/32 (core/thread) cpus on amd coming out that are really good for gaming and multi processing tasks like video editing and such. They out perform intel in gaming by like 1-3% so you will only gain and not lose anything really.

Also the price range is like 16 core $750 USD and the 12 core $500 USD(this one performs like 2% better in gaming and editing like tasks than intel's i7-9700k and 9900K) with they 8's being like $300.

Probably more info than you were asking but I guess it's better than not enough.

I think he's renting a dedicated server.

• Like 1