how to get items from array

alqqu

hey, i'm writing a little simple fishing script, but i need some help with withdrawing from bank when your items needed to be withdrawn are in a string array.

Static String FishingEquipment = new String[] {"Fly fishing rod", "Feather"};

then i'm doing

if (main.bank.contains(FishingEquipment))
{
	if (main.bank.withdrawAll(FishingEquipment)) <--- gives error
		SleepClass.sleepUntil(() -> main.inventory.contains(FishingEquipment), 10000);
}

so how can i "parse?" or split these item(s) from my array to single ones and withdraw them?

Edited by alqqu

1 hour ago, Night said:

Your best bet is just to iterate the array with a for loop, check if you already have the item in your inventory, and if not, withdraw it.

ty, i came up with this, and yes i know im still a bit noobish but this will do for now

for (String i : FishingEquipment)
{
	if (!main.inventory.contains(i))
		main.bank.withdrawAll(i);		
}

9 hours ago, asdttt said:

Scripting is incredibly easy to the point I'd consider it a very fun pathway into learning Java. Although maybe instead of asking basic questions here, he could of just googled it. 

i mean it really is easy because if you're doing a basic script its just ELSE IF SWITCH stuff for mostly but when you need to do some other shit then you need some java / some similiar coding language skill

4 hours ago, alqqu said:

i mean it really is easy because if you're doing a basic script its just ELSE IF SWITCH stuff for mostly but when you need to do some other shit then you need some java / some similiar coding language skill

Well yeah but you could say that about virtually anything lol. You can't drive a normal car, then suddenly drive a racecar. Even though you know how to drive a car, you'd require training/extra learning to operate a racecar. 

Same instance here. You'll start with a bunch of if/else statements and a basic script, and as time goes on you'll want to expand your knowledge to further your script performance, and hopefully begin to use OOP. Having a project to work on in order to learn makes learning a lot more fun and engaging. There's nothing that's comparable to it. Imagine if you enjoyed school, and studied for fun - you'd be a fucking genius lol.