dormic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi.

Because of the recent updates and that I am no longer working on this project, I have decided to open source this project. Feel free to do with it whatever you want. I will not help you set it up whatsoever. 

https://github.com/pim97/osbot_scripts_tasks -- all the questing / farming scripts

https://github.com/pim97/osbot_accountmanager -- the account creation manager etc

• Like 3

Wow, thank you so the new restrections made it unprofitable to you, is that?

3 hours ago, dormic said:

Hi.

Because of the recent updates and that I am no longer working on this project, I have decided to open source this project. Feel free to do with it whatever you want. I will not help you set it up whatsoever. 

https://github.com/pim97/osbot_scripts_tasks -- all the questing / farming scripts

https://github.com/pim97/osbot_accountmanager -- the account creation manager etc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dormic said:

Hi.

Might want to review your files. You've got some stuff in there you probably don't want people to know.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, powerrangeralt said:

Might want to review your files. You've got some stuff in there you probably don't want people to know.

Hi. Could you PM me with what you found? Protonmail/osbot credentials are old/not relevant

18 hours ago, deathguy39 said:

Wow, thank you so the new restrections made it unprofitable to you, is that?

Well, yes. It was a F2P suicide bot, and haven't used it in over a year due to new projects

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my those ban rates...

After reading through this whole thread, I'd like to summarize some conclusions, coulds and woulds:

You made a huge automatic bot farm, but no matter how much  you increased it in size, it could never make up for all the money spent on maintaining it.  ~500 f2p bots should have easily allowed you to make 1.2b per month to break even. Hell, it should have made much more than that. I saw you used a 15k/h method to make your money. I assume that's because you want to get to moneymaking as soon as the account was created and therefore needed a low-level method of making money. But there are several ways of making much more gp/h in f2p, even with 0 skills/quests. My own method, which only uses 2 bots right now, makes 200k/h on each account in f2p with 0 skills, straight out of tutorial island. This particular method has an upper ceiling of maybe 20 bots however, due to the nature of the method. 

Which brings me to my next point: I believe that if you diversified your moneymaking and chose instead to go for smaller but more efficient farms, you would've come out on top and achieve your end goal: massive gp profit. Instead of making a 480 bot farm of this extremely common/naive method, which is woodcutting/mining/other common methods, you could've made separate smaller farms of 5-20 bots doing uncommon tasks that are much more efficient, as in, make much more gp/h. 

Option 1: smaller, more diverse farms

Ultimately, what killed your operation was the massive ban rates.  Had your accounts not been banned daily or, later on, 20 minutes after creation, I'm sure your operation could have succeeded. Would smaller, more diverse bot farms be better in this regard? I've observed that your accounts, at first, used to get banned within a day or two. Then as the farm expanded, those ban rates increased up until it reached the breaking point of 20 minutes after creation. Therefore we can conclude that time and amount of accounts doing the same task affect ban rates a lot. This is public knowledge, I know. But this also implies that smaller, more diverse farms are better. Because your accounts won't be banned as fast, so you won't be wasting time creating new accounts/ leveling them up/recovering/setting them up/having to pay for tons of stuff etc etc, and therefore massively drive down costs while AT THE SAME TIME increase your gp/h.

Option 2: IP switching

There's a second option to smaller bot farms that should be considered: IP switching. I saw you tried cycling through IPs but that at the end of the day, you still used the same proxys that were flagged. I have almost no knowledge in web stuff, but I do have a computer science background with almost a decade of experience in video game development.  Let's assume in a perfect scenario, every time one of the accounts got banned, you'd create a new one with a new, unused IP. Would this fact alone affect your ban rates on such a huge farm? Would it go from 20 minutes ban after creation to 1-2 days after creation? My gut is telling me no. Because if it did, then public scripts would be no different from private scripts. Public scripts are bad because there's tons of accounts running them, not because of IP issues. Therefore this second option of IP switching wouldn't fix your problem, it would delay it at best. The amount of delay would depend on the number of accounts botting and since you were making thousands a day... well the value would be close to 0.

All this being said, I believe the best course of action would be a mix of those 2 options above. Because option 1 on its own will sooner or later get into Jagex's crosshair just like your own big farm, though over a much longer period of time. Mixing this with option 2 will extend the life of option 1 even more so, allowing you to focus on other things, such as finding new obscure moneymaking methods. I believe you were a bit too wishful thinking when you set yourself a goal of making 2b/month. Not because of the 2b part, but because of the month part. A farm of that scale will not survive Jagex's anti bot system for very long. You had spent that 900$ in only technically a few days at most (the start of the month), since I assume most payment methods are per month. So although you made 35m/day or whatever at first, I'm sure it quickly devolved to much less once Jagex caught up and implemented that 20min ban after creation stuff, which massively drove down your total gp/day.

Anyway, thanks for documenting your experience. It's been extremely insightful. I hope my analysis has also been somewhat helpful, if at least not wrong.

3 minutes ago, freemynsandy said:

why not romeo and juliet and goblin diplomacy? that gets u 10 QP and thats how much u need now anyway 

You’re forgetting about the other requirements that f2p has. You also need 20 hours or something of in game time as well as a total level requirement. The only other way to bypass this is purchasing membership

ah. will this be avilable to the public for purchase? im looking to also make a farm. 

4 minutes ago, Space said:

You’re forgetting about the other requirements that f2p has. You also need 20 hours or something of in game time as well as a total level requirement. The only other way to bypass this is purchasing membership

ah. will this be avilable to the public for purchase? im looking to also make a farm. 

7 hours ago, freemynsandy said:

it's free on github

8 hours ago, vlad3921 said:

Oh my those ban rates...

After reading through this whole thread, I'd like to summarize some conclusions, coulds and woulds:

You made a huge automatic bot farm, but no matter how much  you increased it in size, it could never make up for all the money spent on maintaining it.  ~500 f2p bots should have easily allowed you to make 1.2b per month to break even. Hell, it should have made much more than that. I saw you used a 15k/h method to make your money. I assume that's because you want to get to moneymaking as soon as the account was created and therefore needed a low-level method of making money. But there are several ways of making much more gp/h in f2p, even with 0 skills/quests. My own method, which only uses 2 bots right now, makes 200k/h on each account in f2p with 0 skills, straight out of tutorial island. This particular method has an upper ceiling of maybe 20 bots however, due to the nature of the method. 

Which brings me to my next point: I believe that if you diversified your moneymaking and chose instead to go for smaller but more efficient farms, you would've come out on top and achieve your end goal: massive gp profit. Instead of making a 480 bot farm of this extremely common/naive method, which is woodcutting/mining/other common methods, you could've made separate smaller farms of 5-20 bots doing uncommon tasks that are much more efficient, as in, make much more gp/h. 

Option 1: smaller, more diverse farms

Ultimately, what killed your operation was the massive ban rates.  Had your accounts not been banned daily or, later on, 20 minutes after creation, I'm sure your operation could have succeeded. Would smaller, more diverse bot farms be better in this regard? I've observed that your accounts, at first, used to get banned within a day or two. Then as the farm expanded, those ban rates increased up until it reached the breaking point of 20 minutes after creation. Therefore we can conclude that time and amount of accounts doing the same task affect ban rates a lot. This is public knowledge, I know. But this also implies that smaller, more diverse farms are better. Because your accounts won't be banned as fast, so you won't be wasting time creating new accounts/ leveling them up/recovering/setting them up/having to pay for tons of stuff etc etc, and therefore massively drive down costs while AT THE SAME TIME increase your gp/h.

Option 2: IP switching

There's a second option to smaller bot farms that should be considered: IP switching. I saw you tried cycling through IPs but that at the end of the day, you still used the same proxys that were flagged. I have almost no knowledge in web stuff, but I do have a computer science background with almost a decade of experience in video game development.  Let's assume in a perfect scenario, every time one of the accounts got banned, you'd create a new one with a new, unused IP. Would this fact alone affect your ban rates on such a huge farm? Would it go from 20 minutes ban after creation to 1-2 days after creation? My gut is telling me no. Because if it did, then public scripts would be no different from private scripts. Public scripts are bad because there's tons of accounts running them, not because of IP issues. Therefore this second option of IP switching wouldn't fix your problem, it would delay it at best. The amount of delay would depend on the number of accounts botting and since you were making thousands a day... well the value would be close to 0.

All this being said, I believe the best course of action would be a mix of those 2 options above. Because option 1 on its own will sooner or later get into Jagex's crosshair just like your own big farm, though over a much longer period of time. Mixing this with option 2 will extend the life of option 1 even more so, allowing you to focus on other things, such as finding new obscure moneymaking methods. I believe you were a bit too wishful thinking when you set yourself a goal of making 2b/month. Not because of the 2b part, but because of the month part. A farm of that scale will not survive Jagex's anti bot system for very long. You had spent that 900$ in only technically a few days at most (the start of the month), since I assume most payment methods are per month. So although you made 35m/day or whatever at first, I'm sure it quickly devolved to much less once Jagex caught up and implemented that 20min ban after creation stuff, which massively drove down your total gp/day.

Anyway, thanks for documenting your experience. It's been extremely insightful. I hope my analysis has also been somewhat helpful, if at least not wrong.

oh hey there! let me check and see if i can add things to your reasoning:

intro: i did not want to create 30 - 40 scripts in total for all different money making methods - wouldn't make it easier muling, trading and selling it and lets not forget coming up with the money making methods. when you scale, there's indeed an upper scaling. only a few money making methods could handle scaling up to thousands. uncommon tasks hit that ceiling very quickly

option 1: yes time is everything on F2p suicide botting. Creating and leveling an account would take an hour. If it's banned within that hour, it's lost time and money. What I experienced is that upon account creation, the accounts would get banned on tutorial island itself quite quickly.

option 2: I tried dedicated static proxies, rotating residential proxies with all the same outcome: The first few days worked fine, but then ban rates started to accelerate. This could be prevented by using static residential proxies - but these are really hard to come by -  and also very expenisve to use - usually cost 15$/GB of data used and runescape is quite data intensive when using on alot of accounts. Heard someone made their on home address a VPN via Raspberry PI and just reset his router every few days or so, maybe if you can also convince your neighbors to do as well. I guess you could do this with slaves as well if you are into that, but making it a tad more illegal.

outro: it was enough to get even, but not any big profits or anything. just cost a lot of time to maintain with the updates and when stuff broke. Code wasn't written that well, but helped me to speed up the intial progress alot. I do know of some other people that were profiting a few thousand a month from the same methods, but they were able to get their account ready to action much more quickly for some reason that i never understood - or they were just straight up lying.

with the new f2p anti-bot measures it become so much harder to keep the profit alive, that it wasn't worth it for me anymore - since i lost interest and moved on to other project already

no problem, the source code can be found on my github. I dont see it as a waste, since I learned a lot, may it inspire more people to do so 😉

Edited by dormic

• 8 months later...