Would it be possible to show the time a script has last been updated on the SDN?

ez11

I can see why you think it would be useful, but here's a couple of issues I can see:

• Some scripts rarely need updating as they are reliably written to begin with, meaning 'last update' should not be used to gauge script quality
  • Scripters could (very easily) push bogus updates to make the script seem more actively maintained

-Apa

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apaec said:

I can see why you think it would be useful, but here's a couple of issues I can see:

• Some scripts rarely need updating as they are reliably written to begin with, meaning 'last update' should not be used to gauge script quality
  • Scripters could (very easily) push bogus updates to make the script seem more actively maintained

-Apa

Didnt even think about that.

I was more thinking about the situation where a scripter pushes an update and posts it in his topic and you wanna know when its on sdn. Currently you have to start the client every few hours to check (assuming i didnt miss any other way to figure out script version)

could obviously be fixed by just having the version number if the time since last update is an issue

Edited by ez11

25 minutes ago, Apaec said:

-Apa

IMO, yeah sure they might push bogus updates but atleast it shows they're still active in the Community. I personally wouldn't touch a script if the maker hasn't been online in 6 months.

1 hour ago, Supamen said:

IMO, yeah sure they might push bogus updates but atleast it shows they're still active in the Community. I personally wouldn't touch a script if the maker hasn't been online in 6 months.

For sure! I think the best way to gauge the up-to-date-ness of a script is to have a look at the script thread and see if the scripter is active there

• Like 1