Can Jagex actually detect game clients?

Dab in a Lab

10 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

My whole point was that I wasn't botting at all. According to the people that replied, Ill get banned playing regardless of the client I use...

I just installed the official osrs client and I'm going to make another new account and do the same thing and see what happens. I personally doubt I'll be banned

Play on the account on that client, get it to where you want to bot with your script. And then let it sit, and we'll see.

I bet it get's banned. If not I don't believe you with the whole "I played on OSBot client and banned"
I've been banned over 10+ times on the same IP and can still bust out insane sessions.

02f21ee0b9db13f81e7da65c132d7169.png
3ed3dd8144a3ad1039111a72f8021449.pngbb55058c1a11b7aedc2c13de458e7542.png

soooo, yeah my guy the only thing in common with this occurrence is you

3 minutes ago, dragonite3000 said:

I think @Alek would be able to answer that for you better then anyone else could.

Alek will basically say the same shit I said. They run tests before releasing an official client to make sure it isn't detectable. 

Remember 2-4 years ago when clients were actually detectable? You'd be instantly banned upon logging in it, and it'd tell you what BOT client you used to get you banned. So nah I do not believe so .

Edited by BronzeTier

2 minutes ago, BronzeTier said:

Play on the account on that client, get it to where you want to bot with your script. And then let it sit, and we'll see.

I bet it get's banned. If not I don't believe you with the whole "I played on OSBot client and banned"
I've been banned over 10+ times on the same IP and can still bust out insane sessions.

Fair enough. I just completed tutorial island using the official client. There's no way for me to prove that I only used the osbot client, but I actually did. 

I've gotten banned 200+ times easily on my home ip, but I got flagged when I tried out an iron ore miner 

1 minute ago, Dab in a Lab said:

Fair enough. I just completed tutorial island using the official client. There's no way for me to prove that I only used the osbot client, but I actually did. 

I've gotten banned 200+ times easily on my home ip, but I got flagged when I tried out an iron ore miner 

200+ times is a lot, no wonder you get banned for playing legit.

1 minute ago, RoomScape said:

They can detect whether you use the official client or not. Don’t think they can tell specifically what third party client you’re using, though. If they could they would just insta ban all logins from bots or just disable the option to login from the bot. 

Wouldn't it use a lot of resources to monitor every single users client that logs in though? If they keep their monitoring down to just flagged ips, they can "keep" regular botters off the game

Edited by Dab in a Lab

10 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

Wouldn't it use a lot of resources to monitor every single users client that logs in though? If they keep their monitoring down to just flagged ips, they can "keep" regular botters off the game

meh why waste the resources when they can just add you to the ipban list, nothing about bans makes sense we have so little inside information.

6 minutes ago, BronzeTier said:

meh why waste the resources when they can just add you to the ipban list, nothing about bans makes sense we have so little inside information.

I originally thought the ipban list would be pretty efficient way to prevent bots being made from a flagged ip, but I don't understand why they would still allow me to create account and access the game anyways. Other games would just blacklist you and not let you play. 

Thats why I wanted to start this discussion. I think Jagex still allows flagged botters to play the game as long as they are doing it legit, and to ensure they are actually legit, they check the client the flagged ip is running.

22 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

I really doubt they actively monitor it. It’s probbaly logged somewhere and only referenced if an account is flagged or reported or something. But all we can do is speculate lol. 

I normally don’t worry too much about the client because it really doesn’t matter. I used to play on a botting client legit just because the client was better than the official client. I was never banned even though I logged in almost daily for around two years. I’ve personally used a half dozen clients and haven’t been flagged but I don’t bot so that’s probably the reason why. 

4 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

I originally thought the ipban list would be pretty efficient way to prevent bots being made from a flagged ip, but I don't understand why they would still allow me to create account and access the game anyways. Other games would just blacklist you and not let you play. 

Thats why I wanted to start this discussion. I think Jagex still allows flagged botters to play the game as long as they are doing it legit, and to ensure they are actually legit, they check the client the flagged ip is running.

The majority of botting is done in member worlds. If jagex starts IP banning bots it’ll cut into their already shrinking profits. 

On top of that, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that they said there are situations where multiple people play on the same IP and just because one person bots doesn’t mean that the legit players that use that IP should be IP banned for no reason. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

On top of that, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that they said there are situations where multiple people play on the same IP and just because one person bots doesn’t mean that the legit players that use that IP should be IP banned for no reason. 

Jagex is so thoughtful :boge:

When I was a kid in middle school I use to hack/bot on Maplestory and got an IP ban, and I got my sister locked out from the game too