How are Jagex detecting bots so damn quickly after Tutorial island?

Markus

I just started a character yesterday, banned today. After a total of 3 hours botted, with breaks. Did quests, did mixed combat training, and some magic training. So the play time was human, the progression was human, the mouse clicks and movements were human (right?) and the client isn't detected. So what flaw makes them so damn efficient at spotting bots??

I don't get how their bot detection is an industry secret, like someone equally talented to the coders at Jagex should be able to figure out what data points stand out to an anti-bot algorithm.

This isn't a rant at Osbot btw, just a rant at botting in general. ?

1 minute ago, Hi G00gle said:

Might want to look into patterns. People 'always' tend to do the first stuff human-like, but after that they start doing what everyone does: Either fire up the AIO combat (Or whatever script you are using), or splashing. The part after that human-like is seemingly always the same.

That's a good point, but, then what? Like, when they've recognized that pattern, and start seeing people following it, how do they go about determining that the person is a bot or not? There's gotta be a check or a test, or something definitive, right?

its behavior analysis , when you come out of tutorial island you have so little data to be analyzed so i think it works like a meter, every time it suspects something un-humane happens it adds to your bot percentage basically if your bot percentage goes above 50% you are a bot, so when you are out of tutorial island its so easy to reach 50% because there isn't data available to compare to so your bot meter goes up really high, but when you have an account that has a lot of played time its not easy to get that meter up cause there is a lot of data on that account. 

This is how fairfight

Edited by Google
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Google said:

its behavior analysis , when you come out of tutorial island you have so little data to be analyzed so i think it works like a meter, every time it suspects something un-humane happens it adds to your bot percentage basically if your bot percentage goes above 50% you are a bot, so when you are out of tutorial island its so easy to reach 50% because there isn't data available to compare to so your bot meter goes up really high, but when you have an account that has a lot of played time its not easy to get that meter up cause there is a lot of data on that account. 

This is how fairfight

That's the thing, with every client so anti-ban focused, shouldn't we have "fixed" all the un-humane things that happen? I feel like every single step of the way is randomized these days. What's missing? Must be something pretty crucial if you reach your hypothetical 50% so quickly, right?

1 minute ago, Markus said:

That's the thing, with every client so anti-ban focused, shouldn't we have "fixed" all the un-humane things that happen? I feel like every single step of the way is randomized these days. What's missing? Must be something pretty crucial if you reach your hypothetical 50% so quickly, right?

Humans aren't random

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Google said:

This is how fairfight

as crazy as this sounds It wouldn't surprise me if part of what you just said was true.