Thoughts on gold prices by the end of summer?

AsBakedAsCake

I figured I'd just make this quick topic as I noticed pretty much every gold site is only paying out .6/M right now.

What kind of prices do you think we're looking at by the end of summer when selling to gold sites? Do you see a future increase AT ALL? Or will the prices slowly just go down-hill from here?

Any input is appreciated, cheers.

What part the problem is including what @John Cena said is people are happy to dump it at any price.

You see people luring, scamming, botting, staking and many other things. All of these things have one thing in common, and that's that they make gold come into the game. With the said fact that money is coming into the game, we need gold sinks in order for it to rise again, if people are are willing to sell at any price as long as they gain an income then it lowers the factor of gold.

Example as I have said before - If someone hires someone to do a quest for 1M and then someone else wants to charge half of that, the person is typically going to go for the half priced person as it saves them money, and the same applies to gold. If you're going to sell large amounts of gold you will get a lower price, this lower price fluctuates but people don't care as long as they get money out of it still.

I think another factor is how much these gold sinks Jagex is implementing in the coming weeks actually pan out. Such as the gold tax at the duel arena and reworking the death mechanics. This could help alleviate some of the gold in the market but like everyone else has said. It's just way too hard to predict

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoomScape said:

Wasn't there a more or less copy/paste version of this thread a month or two ago...?

Your response is once again useless, please don't comment on anything I post. You've pretty much trashed every post I've made on these forums, gtfo. I don't like you at all. If I had asked this question before, I wouldn't be asking again. Christ.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

2 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Your response is once again useless, please don't comment on anything I post. You've pretty much trashed every post I've made on these forums, gtfo. I don't like you at all. If I had asked this question before, I wouldn't be asking again. Christ.

Once again? I’ve trashed every post you’ve made? Are you a ban evader? You just joined in May and I just double checked and never even quoted any other post you made. If I’m mistaken then I apologize as I’m on my phone at the moment but with a quick look, I never even replied to you ever before. 

Also, I never said you asked this question before. Why are you so insistent that I’m talking about you? I just made a statement that wasn’t directed towards you at all which is why I put the question mark at the end opposed to a period. 

You don’t have to like me. I know not here to win any popularity contest. I’m just trying to make sure that this was asked before because I know a lot of people posted on that old thread and you may get more info from reading that thread. 

If you think that I’m following you trashing every post you say then you think too highly of yourself if you think I’m that concerned with you man. I don’t know you and don’t know you from anywhere so stop assuming stuff. 

13 hours ago, Fallen Sky said:

With all this loot being introduced into the game with new bosses, and combining that with all the gold farmers, I don't ever see osrs gold prices going up by much, if at all

Actual loot being introduced into the game shouldn’t affect gold itself. Gold is affected be gold sinks and the rate at which actual GP is introduced to the game. Most notably, high alch. High alch is probably the most popular, albeit a slow way to train magic but since you can just afk spam click, it’s a pretty popular option. However, since the death mechanic was changed to 60 minutes, that essentially just cut out a big gold sink out of the game which is death. There are small gold sinks but nothing major and that’s devaluing the price of gold since there’s just nothing halting it. With the new update it should help a bit but who knows.