My worst trading experience to date.

siilentalk

So I needed a cover photo for a large facebook group designed ASAP. I looked for graphic designers across a few marketplaces, and finally found one online. He didn't have many vouches but his portfolio looked up to scratch. He demanded I paid upfront, which I did (only 5m, meh) and then made the simple design I asked for within 10 minutes... the design was a little scuffed, but I just need it soon so wasn't too bothered about the quality, aslong as the info was correct. He then sent it me (finished) and the dimensions were almost 3X as big as I requested.

I then asked him to re-size it and he said 'I did it from a template, I don't use facebook, how should I know the size of a cover photo?' - I then said well that's what I asked for prior to the order, so if you didn't know you should've asked or did some research? He then cropped the image to the dimensions I asked for, which cropped half of the initial design out... I said this is not what I asked for, it's a picture you designed which is half cropped. He then said I was rude and that he didn't mean to send it and was unfinished... So I waited another few minutes and he sent me the original (initially oversized) picture cropped down to the size I asked for and the text was tiny. He'd obviously not done the text in proportion to the background etc. I told him it was too small and unclear and he suggested that I was being rude again and that it was fine and that he had resized the image as I asked...

I literally just blocked him (I paid upfront so if anyone has been scammed, it's me), because I couldn't be bothered to deal with him and his bullshit anymore. Unfortunately he isn't on OSB, but jeez... What a bad experience.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

tCt9gNT.png

I get this. I wanted to pay 2/3M as I literally wanted the simplest design (5 minutes work for someone who knows what they're doing). 3 lines of texts (4-6 words per line) and a background relevant so the text is visible.

I get that 5M isn't much in this day and age, but it should get me further than what this did for the time/effort he put into it.

I can top yours. Just now, a customer who was buying cloud account trials from me, accused me of DDOSing him. 

Hes said it before but it seemed like it was joking around (which a lot of customers do with me since theyre foreigners India, Philippines, etc but as a joke complaining about their shitty ISP), but a bit ago he straight went full retard on me. Claimed he traced it back to me xD 

So of course Im not having any of it, especially when I've been nothing but polite, hooked him up with prices, and even adjusted my schedule to fit his; told him to apologize or were done trading.

Why the hell would I need to ddos a customer xD

31 minutes ago, Burundanga said:

some people are real fuck ups, they probably do it on purpose just to trigger others, I swear. fuck em and move on.

It's a sketchy marketplace too, they could spend an hour doing something and if you don't like it then what forces you to pay? In my case I paid, and although it wasn't what I wanted and he was difficult, he still created something. Where's the line?

Sorry to hear man, I had a similar issue with R2Pleasent.

I understand he is trusted, but when his workers contact me on discord I would appreciate confirmation from him which he refused and banned me from his site.

17 minutes ago, siilentalk said:

It's a sketchy marketplace too, they could spend an hour doing something and if you don't like it then what forces you to pay? In my case I paid, and although it wasn't what I wanted and he was difficult, he still created something. Where's the line?

the line is blurry and hard to distinguish. maybe it would be fair that when you are dissatisfied with the result you get a 50% refund