getCurrentTime/getCurrentRegion snippet?

Dab in a Lab

Anyone know, or willing to provide a snippet for getting the current time and/or current region? I'm trying to learn this next to make a custom LoginHandler, and have no clue where to start. I see I need to use XClient, but I'm a bit lost with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, HeyImJamie said:

You could've literally googled an answer and found the solution within the time it would've taken you to create this thread. For that reason, I don't see the need to spoon feed you the snippet. I will give you a hint though, Java has a Date class.

Oh :/ Thought this used the OSBot API. Thanks

2 hours ago, WhoKnew said:

OSBot uses java API. Correct me if i'm wrong, but OSBot API is just a bunch of custom java methods ect . 

Ya I believe so. I thought I had to use XClient though, so I went through quite a few threads related to XClient, getCurrentTime, and getCurrentRegion, but didn’t find anything too useful in my search. I didn’t think to look through Java’s API to setup a method with that though 

41 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

Difficult question when we don't know what you want to do..
It would work if whatever you want to do can be done with the use of the currently loaded game tiles and client tick counter

7 minutes ago, FrostBug said:

Difficult question when we don't know what you want to do..
It would work if whatever you want to do can be done with the use of the currently loaded game tiles and client tick counter

Lol oh... would that just be used for game tiles and tick counts? 

I was thinking it got the current time of a region (time zone)...

I’ll look into the date class Jamie said. I was wanting the bot to log in at a specific time, and logout at one

17 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

Lol oh... would that just be used for game tiles and tick counts? 

I was thinking it got the current time of a region (time zone)...

I’ll look into the date class Jamie said. I was wanting the bot to log in at a specific time, and logout at one

Just Google it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9156156/how-to-get-local-time-of-different-time-zones

• Boge 1
  • Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Explv said:

Thanks. I was gonna google is when I sat down to work on my script again, and I haven’t worked on it today.

I was just making sure I understood what getCurrentTime and getCurrentRegion actually got for future reference