Why are we lowering the osrs gold price so much?

HoneyDewBubbleT

In two months i've seen the price drop from .95mil to .85. Now people are trying to lowball for .80.

I don't bot to make money(i mainly purchase gold tbh) so i'm just asking out of pure curiosity, gold sellers why are you guys decreasing the price so much? Are there less demands? Are you lowering the price to bring in more customers? Aren't you guys cutting yourself short?

If all the gold sellers uniformly agree to hold the gold standard at 1mil = 1usd, is there need to adjust for the economy fluctuation?

1 minute ago, Decode said:

Theres more supply than there is demand. Plus I think the recent price downfall is due to a staker dumping a very large amount of gold. With the updates to come from osrs, and the mobile thing, i think it'll rise back again soon. 

whats the reason of them dumping there gp if u know?

Just now, RDM said:

I dont see why lowering the price will make more people buy. Just leave it the same instead of trying to undercut by like 20 cents and they will come

Gold sellers dont really "control" the price. Its the suppliers and how much supply who do. If i sell you 2 burgers and then you're full, but i want to sell you more, i'd sell you them on the cheap just so you can take them off of my hands. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

whats the reason of them dumping there gp if u know?

Probably just wanted to cash in :p 

5 minutes ago, Decode said:

Gold sellers dont really "control" the price. Its the suppliers and how much supply who do. If i sell you 2 burgers and then you're full, but i want to sell you more, i'd sell you them on the cheap just so you can take them off of my hands. 

Probably just wanted to cash in :p 

Not really. If I would never buy more food than I could eat at a burger place :P and I dont buy more than I need/want even if it's cheaper

2 minutes ago, RDM said:

Not really. If I would never buy more food than I could eat at a burger place :P and I dont buy more than I need/want even if it's cheaper

Maybe using food as an example was a bad idea hahaha. Point is, if gold sellers get more supply than they need, they'll only take it at a cut price and because that constantly happens (especially with the staker dumping a large amount of gp) the price was always going to go down. But like i said, there should be a rise soon enough.