has anyone here learned scripting on their own?

SpiritualAbyss

I'm curious how most scriptwriters got their gig. Are most of you experienced with a language code before you started scripting? Which language helped you the most? If I have no school experience in computers but wanted to learn how to script, is this very difficult? 

Also once you learn how to script, does that give you an advantage in learning how to code other things in general with other languages? 

I just wanna understand this better so I can possibly make my own projects with all the extra time I have.

8 minutes ago, Juggles said:

I learned how to script 1.5 years ago. 

I did code academy and then just did lots of practice on osbot and learned how to write scripts. 
Now I write my own automated farms :) 

awesome, actually glad to hear from you since I've seen you around a lot and know you're notorious for the private scripts :p This might even be a little inspiration for me lol.

I learned Java by myself 6 years ago by going over a RSPS source... From there I moved to loads of different things like c#, python, C, and webdev.
It is extremely possible to learn programming by yourself. Have fun with it, learn from your mistakes and keep taking on new challanges and you will learn in no time.