At what point is gold farming profitable?

The Devil

I bought a vps and proxy and paying $30 a month for it. It can run 4 bots and lets say im suicide yews with those 4 bots that will last 48 hours.

yews are currently 50k p/h x 4 = 200k p/h

Lets multiply that by 38 (subtracted 10 hours for training 1-60 wc)

So weve come out to 7.6m per 48 hours.

If we multiply that by 15 to figure out our profit over 30 days we come out to 114m per month.

Now its time to sell! 114 x .8 = $91.2 - $30 = $61.2 per month per vps.

Is this the return on investment i should be expecting? Also if i want to live off of goldfarming is running 200 accounts (for an expected $3,000 per month) without me having to put in more than 40hrs a week feasible? 

If anyone out there is willing to mentor me to make this a lucrative business send me a pm and we can talk about how much id need to pay you for valuable information.

Edited by thedevilhacker

Without the right method/s you will not be able to suicide Yew Trees within F2P to the rates you are looking to achieve, I would expect to have suicide accounts last approximately 12-15 hours. If you are looking to track your income and expenses I would highly suggest creating a basic excel document to track your progress such as Juggles "Organized Farm" thread.

try multiple methods to see what u can achieve. Maybe try a small f2p farm with 12 accounts rotating 4 diff ones every say 4 hrs to hopefully avoid bans. after enough for a few bonds try some p2p methods out to see if u can make ur bond investments back and profit. Maybe you can luck out and find an unpopular method of rescource collection and have a private script for it. Or trade ur yew logs to diff accounts to fletch on for an increased profit. now really sure and u dont wanna catch a ban with alot of materials stuck on it. its kind of a hit and miss u just have to find something that works for you. Ive never had luck with woodcutting at all

Funnily enough, bots are killing botting. :)

OSRS is an old game, and modern day computers can run 10-20 bots seamlessly, and there are VPNs who can go even further. So you need to assume that, if you're doing, then there are 100,000s bots also doing it too.

You'll only profit if you do your research and find out what's actually worth profiting from. If you're doing yews, guess what, everybody's doing yews. The demand for yew logs is always met, so try to find a profitable method that's niche and milk it dry.

The problem you and 99.9% botters face is: access. Most of the good content is locked behind quests, high level requirements, and are located in dangerous areas. To build an account for these tasks takes some heavy time and investment, something which you can't afford to lose too soon. So you should also research the scripts you intend on using to make sure they are reliable and aren't prone to obvious botting signs.

20 minutes ago, daamurda said:

try multiple methods to see what u can achieve. Maybe try a small f2p farm with 12 accounts rotating 4 diff ones every say 4 hrs to hopefully avoid bans. after enough for a few bonds try some p2p methods out to see if u can make ur bond investments back and profit. Maybe you can luck out and find an unpopular method of rescource collection and have a private script for it. Or trade ur yew logs to diff accounts to fletch on for an increased profit. now really sure and u dont wanna catch a ban with alot of materials stuck on it. its kind of a hit and miss u just have to find something that works for you. Ive never had luck with woodcutting at all

Well during my test it seems i can run a yew bot for 48 hours before being banned. As long as i can transfer my materials over before then im netting 7.2m so i dont mind buying fresh tut accounts every 48 hours.

so far it seems for my $30 investment running 4 yew bots i can expect a return in about a week and a half.

14 minutes ago, thedevilhacker said:

Well during my test it seems i can run a yew bot for 48 hours before being banned. As long as i can transfer my materials over before then im netting 7.2m so i dont mind buying fresh tut accounts every 48 hours.

so far it seems for my $30 investment running 4 yew bots i can expect a return in about a week and a half.

You can't determine what works from a single test, need to test it for 1 month to make sure everything will work out.

54k players online, if 50% are bots, then there are 27k bots online. If there were 135 gold farmers running 200 bots each, then there would be nobody else botting besides them. Since we know there are more than 135 individual people botting at any given time, this is not possible. This means the likelihood of you having a 200 bot farm is very, very unlikely. So the answer is no, botting is not feasible at $3k/month. If more than 1 person on this thread claims to make over $3k/month from botting alone, one of them is lying.