At what point is gold farming profitable?

The Devil

14 minutes ago, Alek said:

54k players online, if 50% are bots, then there are 27k bots online. If there were 135 gold farmers running 200 bots each, then there would be nobody else botting besides them. Since we know there are more than 135 individual people botting at any given time, this is not possible. This means the likelihood of you having a 200 bot farm is very, very unlikely. So the answer is no, botting is not feasible at $3k/month. If more than 1 person on this thread claims to make over $3k/month from botting alone, one of them is lying.

I'm currently making 5k a month cutting yews, don't know what this guy is talking about.

14 minutes ago, IDontEB said:

im currently at 1300 million per month, I'm not sure but I think you guys are doing something wrong.

thats only $1040 a month though XD 

right now youre the one with the least income lmao

32 minutes ago, Gamete said:

I'm currently making 5k a month cutting yews, don't know what this guy is talking about.

Now this is what im talking about.

you are where i want to be my friend. do you cut them f2p or p2p

Edited by thedevilhacker

49 minutes ago, Alek said:

54k players online, if 50% are bots, then there are 27k bots online. If there were 135 gold farmers running 200 bots each, then there would be nobody else botting besides them. Since we know there are more than 135 individual people botting at any given time, this is not possible. This means the likelihood of you having a 200 bot farm is very, very unlikely. So the answer is no, botting is not feasible at $3k/month. If more than 1 person on this thread claims to make over $3k/month from botting alone, one of them is lying.

w0t
only non-disprovable claim because any numbers we would use to disprove are as fabricated as the numbers used in post :/
if there were only 135 gold farmers running that at MINIMUM unless they're literally downy they'd be making over 3k a month
at the worst possible methods in osrs
even if you discredit it by saying there's a majority of "casual botters" at like 17k casual to 10k farmed
why is it not possible that more than 1 of the 50 people making 3k + running 200 accounts on shit ass methods wouldn't want to chime in on a thread about how possible it is to pull that off

6 minutes ago, Isolate said:

w0t
only non-disprovable claim because any numbers we would use to disprove are as fabricated as the numbers used in post :/
if there were only 135 gold farmers running that at MINIMUM unless they're literally downy they'd be making over 3k a month
even if you discredit it by saying there's a majority of "casual botters" at like 17k casual to 10k farmed
why is it not possible that more than 1 of the 50 people making 3k + running 200 accounts on shit ass methods wouldn't want to chime in on a thread about how possible it is to pull that off

Lets just assume that his numbers are correct and that every person of the 135 is making 3k/month. That means there is 405k USD being spent on just gold in OSRS every month. Does that sound like a normal amount of money that 27k users spend per month on buying gold?

7 minutes ago, IDontEB said:

Lets just assume that his numbers are correct and that every person of the 135 is making 3k/month. That means there is 405k USD being spent on just gold in OSRS every month. Does that sound like a normal amount of money that 27k users spend per month on buying gold?

Yes it does actually. 405k / 27k users = $15 per user

iv seen some of the communities feedbacks saying they do trades over 200m which is already atleast $200 for ONE USER. 

Edited by thedevilhacker

5 minutes ago, thedevilhacker said:

Yes it does actually. 405k / 27k users = $15 per user

iv seen some of the communities feedbacks saying they do trades over 200m which is already atleast $200 for ONE USER. 

If it sounds doable than good luck! Once you get more than 50 bots you'll realize where you've been overly optimistic.
Also if you don't have the knowledge to write your own scripts its either going to take you more than 40 hours per week or a lot of money to buy the scripts needed.

Just now, IDontEB said:

If it sounds doable than good luck! Once you get more than 50 bots you'll realize where you've been overly optimistic.
Also if you don't have the knowledge to write your own scripts its either going to take you more than 40 hours per week or a lot of money to buy the scripts needed.

I expect nothing more than to fail miserably and cry myself to sleep. 

I dont plan on holding my money to try and sell for top dollar. I plan to just sell to websites like arcus for wholesale. I would think that they and other websites would be able to pay out $3k a month

1 hour ago, Isolate said:

w0t

Sounded like you tried to know what you were talking about here, but failed miserably.

Good post m8.

You need unique methods and you need to keep your mouth shut about what you do. If someone is making 3k a month, they wont talk about it publicly.

With that in mind. I spent first 2 months learning and I'm finally seeing profit. Working on some new ideas now since I'm noticing that the current money maker is getting saturated.