SCRIPTERS ASSEMBLE (and anyone else.) SUPERSCRIPT FACTORY

melomel

7 minutes ago, IDontEvenBot said:

You dont need to know much java, all you need is basic comprehension of the language which even this script would require since it would be a pseudo language in a sense. If someone took the time to learn this script's "language" which would be required to make anything than why not spend the same amount of time learning Java. 

All you'd need from java is:

• Data types: Boolean, Int, String, etc
  • that = sets values and == compares two things
  • the basic loops

Besides those things the rest would be all logic which the person would need for both the script and Java.

Idk if im the only one.. BUT not everyone is willing to take time out of their day to learn java (as basic as you might think it is) for the sole purpose of botting Runescape. At the end of the day most of us are on this website because we dont know how to code and want to use a good bot.. Hence the reason for my comment in the first place? So go ahead and tell everyone who asks/suggests something for a bot to learn how to code java for themselves, Because thats what this website needs :think:

16 minutes ago, Kaspr said:

Idk if im the only one.. BUT not everyone is willing to take time out of their day to learn java (as basic as you might think it is) for the sole purpose of botting Runescape. At the end of the day most of us are on this website because we dont know how to code and want to use a good bot.. Hence the reason for my comment in the first place? So go ahead and tell everyone who asks/suggests something for a bot to learn how to code java for themselves, Because thats what this website needs :think:

How you gonna use the script than if you're unwilling to take time out of your day to learn something for the sole purpose of botting runescape?

1 hour ago, IDontEvenBot said:

How you gonna use the script than if you're unwilling to take time out of your day to learn something for the sole purpose of botting runescape?

Seriously man... How am i going to use the script? The fucking entire point of my first post was explaining exactly that, how if someone were to make a bot/script that allowed users like myself that dont know how to java to create a simple bot/script that does the individual task... BTW i dont know any java and i am perfectly able to use scripts/bot just fine like most others on here, if thats what you are insinuating? Hopefully you realize that people can use the bot and run scripts without knowing/learning to java... But please add another useless comment 

Edited by Kaspr

2 hours ago, Kaspr said:

Seriously man... How am i going to use the script? The fucking entire point of my first post was explaining exactly that, how if someone were to make a bot/script that allowed users like myself that dont know how to java to create a simple bot/script that does the individual task... BTW i dont know any java and i am perfectly able to use scripts/bot just fine like most others on here, if thats what you are insinuating? Hopefully you realize that people can use the bot and run scripts without knowing/learning to java... But please add another useless comment 

To reiterate my point in the simplest way possible: you WILL have to spend time learning how to use this script if you want to make anything useful. If you spent the same amount of time learning how to make an actual OSBot script/Java it would benefit you much further and you may even get a better script. There is no way around it, you will have to spend time learning something.

If the point is not clear enough than I cannot say anymore.

So if I learn java, I can use the api? Is the api what scripters use to create their bots? I'm down to learn, but where do I start?

9 hours ago, IDontEvenBot said:

To reiterate my point in the simplest way possible: you WILL have to spend time learning how to use this script if you want to make anything useful. If you spent the same amount of time learning how to make an actual OSBot script/Java it would benefit you much further and you may even get a better script. There is no way around it, you will have to spend time learning something.

If the point is not clear enough than I cannot say anymore.

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2017 at 4:23 PM, melomel said:

Does anyone remember super script factory? Can we get that going again? Why hasn't anyone created one since? I remember it being fantastic, everyone being hyped, and then -poof- it vanished. 

For those of you that aren't as old as time, the idea was a script that had a queue of actions that you could load in order, whether it was "Move mouse to (x,y)" "Walk one tile north, Walk two tiles south" "Walk to tile X,Y" "Use item on object, use item on item" "If combat, do nothing; If combat, run away" "If inventory full, gotoloop:bank" and the idea was that it ran on loops. If you were familiar with it you could have your loop "combat" and have "if idle gotoloop:combat" and then it would go down the list of actions until it hit "combat", which would have "if out of combat attack man out of combat, if in combat wait (time), loop to command 1(attack man)" and effectively you could build your own scripts inside this script.

It was $14.99, the most expensive script ever at the time, but I would pay $40 for on the SDN today.

https://www.sythe.org/threads/superscript-factory/

Is this what you're talking about? It doesn't seem terribly hard to make tbh

On 11/08/2017 at 3:32 AM, BombsAway said:

from what I understand how this type of script is meant to work, it basically is coding java just having it babysit you on a couple things, the work for user end on this would be about the same as just coding in java, making it kinda pointless

On 11/08/2017 at 4:10 PM, melomel said:

So if I learn java, I can use the api? Is the api what scripters use to create their bots? I'm down to learn, but where do I start?

theres lots of great tutorials in the scripter help section, id suggest going something like codeacademy, to learn the basics of java then following some of the great tutorials we have :)

• Like 1

Just like all the other scripts that are banned from being premium, the decision is made off of previous experience we had with the type of developers that make them and the overall outcome from those types of scripts. After doing this for over 3 years, I guarantee you there is nothing that can change my mind. 

2 hours ago, Alek said:

Just like all the other scripts that are banned from being premium, the decision is made off of previous experience we had with the type of developers that make them and the overall outcome from those types of scripts. After doing this for over 3 years, I guarantee you there is nothing that can change my mind. 

The only issue I have with this is your logic that just because something has been one way from a few examples, guarantees that it must be that same way from different examples in the future. On top of the fact that nothing would change your mind, which includes the set of correct solutions.

15 minutes ago, melomel said:

The only issue I have with this is your logic that just because something has been one way from a few examples, guarantees that it must be that same way from different examples in the future. On top of the fact that nothing would change your mind, which includes the set of correct solutions.

I don't see a difference between this and a bank denying a small business loan based on risk. We've lost thousands of dollars from these scripts over the years; something which you don't really value because you have no stake in the business. 

Banks don't deny loans because risk, they deny loans because you don't have a proven history of risk management. You can get a loan from any major bank if you've been in business in two years, regardless of performance.

-edit- so, under that reasoning, proven scripters should be able to. 

Btw I'm just arguing for no reason

Edited by melomel