SCRIPTERS ASSEMBLE (and anyone else.) SUPERSCRIPT FACTORY

melomel

Does anyone remember super script factory? Can we get that going again? Why hasn't anyone created one since? I remember it being fantastic, everyone being hyped, and then -poof- it vanished. 

For those of you that aren't as old as time, the idea was a script that had a queue of actions that you could load in order, whether it was "Move mouse to (x,y)" "Walk one tile north, Walk two tiles south" "Walk to tile X,Y" "Use item on object, use item on item" "If combat, do nothing; If combat, run away" "If inventory full, gotoloop:bank" and the idea was that it ran on loops. If you were familiar with it you could have your loop "combat" and have "if idle gotoloop:combat" and then it would go down the list of actions until it hit "combat", which would have "if out of combat attack man out of combat, if in combat wait (time), loop to command 1(attack man)" and effectively you could build your own scripts inside this script.

It was $14.99, the most expensive script ever at the time, but I would pay $40 for on the SDN today.

• Like 2

I remember I succesfully made a green dragon killer with like 244 commands, a ring smelter & enchanter with like 180 steps, and a chaos druids with like 200 steps in it. You could use it for anything and it was entirely up to your own creativity and cunning as to how complicated you wanted it to be.

I also never got banned on it since every time it was my own private script on the much larger script itself. 

I think khaleesi or..... crap maybe somebody else who was a big scripter with a female icon at the time had made this compilation of the saved files in a subfolder for it for loops that were succesfull that we gave to the public so that you could share your loop script with everyone if you so wanted to, and discuss your ideas & things. it made it a lot of fun to bot because you were involved in your own botting so much. 

Dude also made absolute bank selling it

This is oversimplified, but if you wanted to make a chicken killer the command order could look something like:

1. If inventory full, gotoloop:bank 2. if in zone ([x,y], [x,y], [x,y], [x,y]) gotoloop:killchicken 3. if not in zone ([x,y], [x,y], [x,y], [x,y]), gotoloop:walk 4. Loop: "killchicken" 5. if not in combat, kill chicken 6. if in combat, wait  7. if health below x, eat (food) 8. loot: (item) 9. If outoffood gotoloop:bank 10. if inventoryfull gotoloop:bank 11. if idle, go to loop: killchicken

Edited by melomel

24 minutes ago, melomel said:

I remember I succesfully made a green dragon killer with like 244 commands, a ring smelter & enchanter with like 180 steps, and a chaos druids with like 200 steps in it. You could use it for anything and it was entirely up to your own creativity and cunning as to how complicated you wanted it to be.

I also never got banned on it since every time it was my own private script on the much larger script itself. 

I think khaleesi or..... crap maybe somebody else who was a big scripter with a female icon at the time had made this compilation of the saved files in a subfolder for it for loops that were succesfull that we gave to the public so that you could share your loop script with everyone if you so wanted to, and discuss your ideas & things. it made it a lot of fun to bot because you were involved in your own botting so much. 

Dude also made absolute bank selling it

This is oversimplified, but if you wanted to make a chicken killer the command order could look something like:

1. If inventory full, gotoloop:bank 2. if in zone ([x,y], [x,y], [x,y], [x,y]) gotoloop:killchicken 3. if not in zone ([x,y], [x,y], [x,y], [x,y]), gotoloop:walk 4. Loop: "killchicken" 5. if not in combat, kill chicken 6. if in combat, wait  7. if health below x, eat (food) 8. loot: (item) 9. If outoffood gotoloop:bank 10. if inventoryfull gotoloop:bank 11. if idle, go to loop: killchicken

From what you described itd be a lot easier to just learn basic parts of Java and write the actual script using the API. You'd get greater control of actions than provided by that script

There are a few problems with the concept:

• It's very hard to make it a reliable platform, between issues with the source code and issues with misunderstanding/incompetent users, it turns into a scripter & store headache
  • As you mentioned, in the past there was SSF. On the scripters' return, I believe he developed MacroSuite (this never got launched) but due to a fall out with the developers/admin here involving some doxes and other nasty things, the project was shut down.
  • Since then, it's been against the rules (to my understanding), I don't think you would get permission to develop this for the SDN.

My knowledge of the situation is very limited as I sort of stay in my own bubble looking after my own stuff because that's my job, but that's what I think happened. Please correct me if i'm wrong anywhere someone!

Edit:

It's really not that hard to write your own scripts. Much better read up about a bit of java and follow some tutorials overnight, so that you can write similar & better scripts yourself!

Edited by Apaec

4 minutes ago, melomel said:

I don't write scripts, but if it's similar, I'll have to look into it. So you're not allowed to put this kind of thing on the SDN? 

>.> regulations defeat innovation

It's very much similar. You just need to be a bit more careful about a few things but on the whole it's quite straightforward, even if you've never programmed anything before.

As for a new SSF, if you got permission beforehand, it might be allowed on the SDN but it's pretty subjective. For a list of the SDN restrictions, give this thread a read: https://osbot.org/forum/announcement/62-script-rules-read-before-applying/

Doesn't make sense why something like this wouldn't be allowed? IF someone were to want to put in effort and time into developing said script it would be great... Why limit what a cheating client does? if someone can code something crazy like Bossing/Dungeoneering (iDungeon back in the day) This would be a nice challenge for any experienced developer.. and just thinking when/if something like this is "perfected" to where people can make their own "bots" would be a huge game changer in the botting scene? Curious to why they wouldnt want that kind of potential

18 minutes ago, IDontEvenBot said:

This already exists, its located here: https://osbot.org/api/

Was waiting for someone to think they are creative with something like that, 10/10 reply for originality! Obviously since i have to retard proof my statement for you, "To where poeple (with no java experience) can make their own bots" there you go big guy

13 minutes ago, Kaspr said:

Was waiting for someone to think they are creative with something like that, 10/10 reply for originality! Obviously since i have to retard proof my statement for you, "To where poeple (with no java experience) can make their own bots" there you go big guy

You dont need to know much java, all you need is basic comprehension of the language which even this script would require since it would be a pseudo language in a sense. If someone took the time to learn this script's "language" which would be required to make anything than why not spend the same amount of time learning Java. 

All you'd need from java is:

• Data types: Boolean, Int, String, etc
  • that = sets values and == compares two things
  • the basic loops

Besides those things the rest would be all logic which the person would need for both the script and Java.